• Welcome to HONDASXS.com

If you are a guest please take time to REGISTER with us. Stay up to date on the Honda Side by Side line and take part in our online forum. Check out the FAQ. Once you register you can start to make post. Users will respond to your question or statement. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit below or click the board index to see a list of all forums. Thanks and have fun.

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

Discussion in 'Buying a Honda Talon' started by Vondy, Jan 8, 2019.

1. popeye

popeye Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    23,400 out the door in western wa for an x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#121 popeye, Jun 5, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    CumminsPusher likes this.
  2. DAJO

DAJO Member

Ownership:
    Other Brand, Talon R
    If you are coming here might as well go on down to Abernathy's in Tennessee, they won't care where you are from, you will pay in US dollars anyway. I paid for 1000R $19,300 (actually a little less can't remember exactly) plus a city sales tax of less than $100, no other +++ charges like some dealers. Of course I will have the pay sales tax in AZ when I register it, can't get away without sales tax somewhere.

3. RaceCityRiders

Ownership:
    Other Brand
    Here is my best deals so far. All have no extra fees, just your local state sales tax.

Talon R (didn't ask about the X).

Abernathy TN $19,294
    Sport Cycle NC $19,499
    Ramey MS $18,396 (best deal around but a long drive down and back).

nm6r likes this.
  4. Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX Member

Ownership:
    1000-3, Talon R
    WOW.... Check out this pricing at Dan Powers Honda in Elizabethtown, KY 6-6-2019
    Dan Powers Honda Motorsports

5. AlR

AlR Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    The dealers here suggest they won't do warranty work on US machines. Its a PITA to take the ferry off the Island. I may hang tough for another year with my P500...

6. nm6r

nm6r Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    Ramey Motors in Purvis, MS was a pleasure to deal with. We just got back from a 2275 mile round trip.
    The bottom line was $18,397 + $50. = $18,447 out the door. Of course I had to pay tax & registration when I got back to NM.
    (601) 794-7666 - Ask for Dakota.

IMG_1387.jpg

7. hammeredhitz

hammeredhitz New Member

Ownership:
    Do not currently own
    Been Talon r shopping the last couple days around Las Vegas. Best price OTD with the fees is 22500.00 any one out west doing any better? Thanks

8. hammeredhitz

hammeredhitz New Member

Ownership:
    Do not currently own
    Well went and seen my buddy Jeff today at Carters power sports got my R today MSRP OTD so jumped on it!

9. Someguy

Someguy Active Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    Green Bay Wi $19,400. All fee's included for a X. 06/13/19.

10. Mopower58

Mopower58 Well-Known Member
    Lifetime Member

Ownership:
    1000-3
    2019 Honda Talon R
    MSRP $20,999
    Sale Price $17,999

2019 Honda Talon X
    MSRP $19,999
    Sale Price $16,999

769-456-7757
    No setup freight or doc fees
    Ramey Motors in Purvis,Ms. see Brian Arrender. add 50.00 if out of state, add 60.00 plus 7% sales tax if in state. 7/16/19

#130 Mopower58, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Choped5er and dnjones161 like this.
  11. jvs1670

jvs1670 New Member

Ownership:
    Do not currently own
    That's the best pricing I've seen, quite a bit better than the last price Abernathy's was quoting.

Mopower58 likes this.
  12. cummins14

cummins14 Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    Pretty much everyone I called within North & Central GA are at msrp, or were three weeks ago. All of them also had dealer fees and/or the $940.00 freight fee that Honda lists on their site. That all said, I had a couple of trade ins and that killed my whole deal as far as driving out of state to get a steal of a price. Most dealers offer the kbb or nada trade in value or just slightly higher on used machines. I found a dealer that went $2k above the published prices on my trades. That said, I also gained the sales tax advantage by deducting my trade values from the sale price. I ended up paying msrp plus a ridiculous $1,450.00 in fees before I got out of the door. I did this for a couple of reasons and past experiences: #1-I had a trade and I needed the most that I could get. #2-When you buy out of state and need warranty repairs, good luck getting your toy back in less than 6 weeks. I don't know many local dealers that will not put you at the end of the line behind their sales/local purchasing customers before doing your work. I don't think that it's right per say, but it is a reality. The dealer can't refuse the work I guess, but it is their business. #3-I didn't want to spend 8-10 hours towing my trades to get appraised and end up getting hosed worse than I could locally. I also didn't want to pay the extra expense in fuel and a hotel, etc when I could do the whole deal less than one-two hours from home at four different dealers. This all said, I took the best deal that I could make with the trade ins even though It cost me an additional $2,500.00 from what I would have been at with no trades. For anyone looking to trade a machine, just keep these things in mind as it has to be considered.

13. BigOL3

BigOL3 Well-Known Member

Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
    Ownership:
    1000-5
    So it sounds like bottom line is ....... you paid $2500 extra to buy local with trade in ...... rather than driving, keeping your other SxS to sell and saving $2500 ..... smh. BUT, you have a local dealer if needed.

cummins14 and nm6r like this.
  14. dnjones161

dnjones161 Well-Known Member

Ownership:
    1000-5
    But if he went 2k over book on trades...isnt it really like 500?

I'd save myself a 10 hour drive for 500, gas and hotel would eat that up in a heartbeat.

At the end of the day the money will come back, the time won't. You'll forget all about the #s as soon as you hit the gas :cool:

Enjoy!

Ragnar406 and cummins14 like this.
  15. nm6r

nm6r Member

Ownership:
    Talon R
    I drove two days each way to pick up my Talon 1000R. I saved $4k on the purchase price. I paid $500 in gas and hotel rooms yielding a $3500 savings. The local dealers would have given me kbb trade-in on my RZR. I will sell my RZR for $1k more yielding a $4500 difference. btw, There is no way I will be having my local dealers to any service as they are incompetent. It's a no-brainer, unless you make over $1k/day working.

BigOL3 likes this.
  16. BigOL3

BigOL3 Well-Known Member

Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
    Ownership:
    1000-5
    I dont know? He said ..... "It cost me an additional $2,500.00 from what I would have been at with no trades" ....... so THAT is all I have to go by. Normally you can sell your own vehicle for a LOT more than any dealer will give on trade-in.

dnjones161, cummins14 and nm6r like this.
  17. cummins14

cummins14 Member

Ownership:
    Talon X
    If it's a Can Am 50", it's a struggle to sell. Believe me, I tried and the kbb site lists the trade value at $8,600.00. I've seen used ones like I had that are loaded with accessories(roofs, winches, wheels, lights, bumpers, etc.) listed between $10-12k on atvtrader. The machine listed new in 18' for a shade under $15k and then you figure that mine were completely stock with zero mods minus depreciation. Although the mileage was right around 100 miles and the hours at 26, the unit was pretty much like a demo. I was extremely happy to see $10,700.00 when I was getting quotes from $5,500.00 on the low end to the book value of $8,600.00. I'm sure out West or North where there are more 50" restrictions, It may go for more, but book value is an average. I just know that the narrow width made it very unstable and we nearly rolled it a few times not even making carless moves. That said, when you have something that has no demand, it's tough to move it.

dnjones161 and BigOL3 like this.
  18. mikegriffin84

mikegriffin84 New Member

Ownership:
    Do not currently own
    Green Talon R - $19,980 out the door at a Dealer near Denver Colorado.

19. Choped5er

Choped5er Active Member
    Lifetime Member

I'm going to get mine from them this weekend. 9 hr drive but worth it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mopower58 and nm6r like this.
  20. motorman18

motorman18 Active Member