BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
23,400 out the door in western wa for an x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

DAJO

Mar 31, 2019
Indiana, Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hi Air, I too am from BC and the prices I have gotten so far are all full pop retail (Plus, Plus, Plus) to end with a price like you have shown. I have been looking into doing a run across the boarder and buying down there (and saving BIG) Only thing is, not sure what Honda has for "No Cross Boarder Buying" Some car manufactures will not let Canadians buy NEW cars in the US.
If you are coming here might as well go on down to Abernathy's in Tennessee, they won't care where you are from, you will pay in US dollars anyway. I paid for 1000R $19,300 (actually a little less can't remember exactly) plus a city sales tax of less than $100, no other +++ charges like some dealers. Of course I will have the pay sales tax in AZ when I register it, can't get away without sales tax somewhere.

R

RaceCityRiders

Dec 11, 2018
Mooresville, NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Here is my best deals so far. All have no extra fees, just your local state sales tax.

Talon R (didn't ask about the X).

Abernathy TN $19,294
Sport Cycle NC $19,499
Ramey MS $18,396 (best deal around but a long drive down and back).

Reactions: nm6r
Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Thought I'd start a new thread for Talon Pricing of what everyone is getting quoted and/or paying for the new Talon.

Updated 3/15/19

I got prices all over the board the last several months. Had one reserved with a local dealer, but was not shipping until May. Made a deal to get it sooner at different dealer.
Final price $21,200 Out the door including all taxes and fees.

Not the best deal, but got the machine two months earlier and a reasonable drive away.

What's everyone else paying?

WOW.... Check out this pricing at Dan Powers Honda in Elizabethtown, KY 6-6-2019
Dan Powers Honda Motorsports

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Air, I too am from BC and the prices I have gotten so far are all full pop retail (Plus, Plus, Plus) to end with a price like you have shown. I have been looking into doing a run across the boarder and buying down there (and saving BIG) Only thing is, not sure what Honda has for "No Cross Boarder Buying" Some car manufactures will not let Canadians buy NEW cars in the US.

The dealers here suggest they won't do warranty work on US machines. Its a PITA to take the ferry off the Island. I may hang tough for another year with my P500...

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ramey Motors in Purvis, MS was a pleasure to deal with. We just got back from a 2275 mile round trip.
The bottom line was $18,397 + $50. = $18,447 out the door. Of course I had to pay tax & registration when I got back to NM.
(601) 794-7666 - Ask for Dakota.

IMG 1387

H

hammeredhitz

Jun 19, 2019
Henderson, NV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Been Talon r shopping the last couple days around Las Vegas. Best price OTD with the fees is 22500.00 any one out west doing any better? Thanks

H

hammeredhitz

Jun 19, 2019
Henderson, NV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Well went and seen my buddy Jeff today at Carters power sports got my R today MSRP OTD so jumped on it!

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Green Bay Wi $19,400. All fee's included for a X. 06/13/19.

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2019 Honda Talon R
MSRP $20,999
Sale Price $17,999

2019 Honda Talon X
MSRP $19,999
Sale Price $16,999

769-456-7757
No setup freight or doc fees
Ramey Motors in Purvis,Ms. see Brian Arrender. add 50.00 if out of state, add 60.00 plus 7% sales tax if in state. 7/16/19

Last edited:
J

jvs1670

Feb 12, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
2019 Honda Talon R
MSRP $20,999
Sale Price $17,999

2019 Honda Talon X
MSRP $19,999
Sale Price $16,999

769-456-7757
Ramey Motors in Purvis,Ms. see Brian Arrender. add 50.00 if out of state, add 60.00 plus 7% sales tax if in state. 7/16/19

That's the best pricing I've seen, quite a bit better than the last price Abernathy's was quoting.

Reactions: Mopower58
cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Pretty much everyone I called within North & Central GA are at msrp, or were three weeks ago. All of them also had dealer fees and/or the $940.00 freight fee that Honda lists on their site. That all said, I had a couple of trade ins and that killed my whole deal as far as driving out of state to get a steal of a price. Most dealers offer the kbb or nada trade in value or just slightly higher on used machines. I found a dealer that went $2k above the published prices on my trades. That said, I also gained the sales tax advantage by deducting my trade values from the sale price. I ended up paying msrp plus a ridiculous $1,450.00 in fees before I got out of the door. I did this for a couple of reasons and past experiences: #1-I had a trade and I needed the most that I could get. #2-When you buy out of state and need warranty repairs, good luck getting your toy back in less than 6 weeks. I don't know many local dealers that will not put you at the end of the line behind their sales/local purchasing customers before doing your work. I don't think that it's right per say, but it is a reality. The dealer can't refuse the work I guess, but it is their business. #3-I didn't want to spend 8-10 hours towing my trades to get appraised and end up getting hosed worse than I could locally. I also didn't want to pay the extra expense in fuel and a hotel, etc when I could do the whole deal less than one-two hours from home at four different dealers. This all said, I took the best deal that I could make with the trade ins even though It cost me an additional $2,500.00 from what I would have been at with no trades. For anyone looking to trade a machine, just keep these things in mind as it has to be considered.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pretty much everyone I called within North & Central GA are at msrp, or were three weeks ago. All of them also had dealer fees and/or the $940.00 freight fee that Honda lists on their site. That all said, I had a couple of trade ins and that killed my whole deal as far as driving out of state to get a steal of a price. Most dealers offer the kbb or nada trade in value or just slightly higher on used machines. I found a dealer that went $2k above the published prices on my trades. That said, I also gained the sales tax advantage by deducting my trade values from the sale price. I ended up paying msrp plus a ridiculous $1,450.00 in fees before I got out of the door. I did this for a couple of reasons and past experiences: #1-I had a trade and I needed the most that I could get. #2-When you buy out of state and need warranty repairs, good luck getting your toy back in less than 6 weeks. I don't know many local dealers that will not put you at the end of the line behind their sales/local purchasing customers before doing your work. I don't think that it's right per say, but it is a reality. The dealer can't refuse the work I guess, but it is their business. #3-I didn't want to spend 8-10 hours towing my trades to get appraised and end up getting hosed worse than I could locally. I also didn't want to pay the extra expense in fuel and a hotel, etc when I could do the whole deal less than one-two hours from home at four different dealers. This all said, I took the best deal that I could make with the trade ins even though It cost me an additional $2,500.00 from what I would have been at with no trades. For anyone looking to trade a machine, just keep these things in mind as it has to be considered.
So it sounds like bottom line is ....... you paid $2500 extra to buy local with trade in ...... rather than driving, keeping your other SxS to sell and saving $2500 ..... smh. BUT, you have a local dealer if needed.

Reactions: cummins14 and nm6r
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So it sounds like bottom line is ....... you paid $2500 extra to buy local with trade in ...... rather than driving, keeping your other SxS to sell and saving $2500 ..... smh. BUT, you have a local dealer if needed.

But if he went 2k over book on trades...isnt it really like 500?

I'd save myself a 10 hour drive for 500, gas and hotel would eat that up in a heartbeat.

At the end of the day the money will come back, the time won't. You'll forget all about the #s as soon as you hit the gas :cool:

Enjoy!

nm6r

nm6r

Jun 7, 2019
Sandia Park, NM
Ownership

1. Talon R
I drove two days each way to pick up my Talon 1000R. I saved $4k on the purchase price. I paid $500 in gas and hotel rooms yielding a $3500 savings. The local dealers would have given me kbb trade-in on my RZR. I will sell my RZR for $1k more yielding a $4500 difference. btw, There is no way I will be having my local dealers to any service as they are incompetent. It's a no-brainer, unless you make over $1k/day working.

Reactions: BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But if he went 2k over book on trades...isnt it really like 500?

I'd save myself a 10 hour drive for 500, gas and hotel would eat that up in a heartbeat.

At the end of the day the money will come back, the time won't. You'll forget all about the #s as soon as you hit the gas :cool:

Enjoy!
I dont know? He said ..... "It cost me an additional $2,500.00 from what I would have been at with no trades" ....... so THAT is all I have to go by. Normally you can sell your own vehicle for a LOT more than any dealer will give on trade-in.

cummins14

cummins14

Jul 18, 2019
GA
Ownership

1. Talon X
If it's a Can Am 50", it's a struggle to sell. Believe me, I tried and the kbb site lists the trade value at $8,600.00. I've seen used ones like I had that are loaded with accessories(roofs, winches, wheels, lights, bumpers, etc.) listed between $10-12k on atvtrader. The machine listed new in 18' for a shade under $15k and then you figure that mine were completely stock with zero mods minus depreciation. Although the mileage was right around 100 miles and the hours at 26, the unit was pretty much like a demo. I was extremely happy to see $10,700.00 when I was getting quotes from $5,500.00 on the low end to the book value of $8,600.00. I'm sure out West or North where there are more 50" restrictions, It may go for more, but book value is an average. I just know that the narrow width made it very unstable and we nearly rolled it a few times not even making carless moves. That said, when you have something that has no demand, it's tough to move it.

M

mikegriffin84

Jun 23, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Green Talon R - $19,980 out the door at a Dealer near Denver Colorado.

Choped5er

Choped5er

Lifetime Member
Oct 2, 2017
Union
2019 Honda Talon R
MSRP $20,999
Sale Price $17,999

2019 Honda Talon X
MSRP $19,999
Sale Price $16,999

769-456-7757

I'm going to get mine from them this weekend. 9 hr drive but worth it to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mopower58 and nm6r
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!