BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

J

JTW

If it’s like a Rzr, you can’t because it is not considered utility. That was a selling point for us for the pioneer. Mine has almost depreciated out, so I will be looking for a high ticket item this year. Lol
I know the yxz wasn’t farm exempt... unless things have changed I bet the talon isn’t either.

Reactions: Vondy
D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
If you thought the first quote at $22,812.91 i got was high, extreme or what ever you want to call it... Look at this one.

Second quote from number two dealer, and a large volume dealer.
Base price $20,999.00, destination $1,097.63, assembly $1,088.00, Doc, lic. reg. $536.99
Tax $1,738.85 which adds up to $25,460.47 OTD.

Back to the drawing board...

HondaProKevin

HondaProKevin

May 19, 2015
Chattanooga TN
www.HondaProKevin.com
If you thought the first quote at $22,812.91 i got was high, extreme or what ever you want to call it... Look at this one.

Base price $20,999.00, destination $1,097.63, assembly $1,088.00, Doc, lic. reg. $536.99

Lol holy crap... That's just amazing!

20190215 121917

D

DRKnight

Jan 31, 2019
Yuma, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon X
Just got my third and best quote, and put down the deposit on a grey/blue 1000X
$18999.99, $940 frgt, $1974.48 tax & lic, total $21913.48 OTD

Reactions: Vondy and Chooglin

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand

I hate to see a dealer take advantage of a situation like that by posting phony charges. You could have more respect for them if they just said X$’s over MSRP. My response to them would be that the pricing is called gouging and not only will I pass on the deal but all future purchases.

Reactions: Vondy and BigOL3
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ahhh, KY is a different ballgame... I've dealt with them before on farm tax exempt deals and I would pay money to not have to deal with them again lol.
Agreed. I bought my rhino in Tn. Using my Oh address and paid no tax. Bought my Wolvy in Ky. And they made me pay tax or they wouldn't sell it to me. Why did I buy it there ? Because they had one and the dealer in Tn. Said it would be at least a month to get one. It was when they first came out.

S

StephenH

Feb 21, 2019
Jacksonville, IL
I've kept an eye on this forum for quite awhile and thought I'd actually register and say something on here because there's a lot of good info on this forum, but I have been seeing some false info and misconceptions. I work at my family's Honda dealer so I have first hand knowledge of how some things work so I thought I'd clear a couple things up.

All Honda dealers pay the same, no matter the size of the dealer. Big, volume dealers don't get special deals or kickbacks. There are discounts and rebates linked to order and sales targets that dealers on occasion may not hit but they're not just for big dealers.

Honda dealers can buy damaged new units at auction and a lot do.

Dealer invoice is not a myth or bs number, we do have to pay for the units and invoice is what we pay.

We do have to pay the Honda Destination Charge.

Farm Use/ Production Ag depends on the state so check your local laws.

Some of the prices I've seen I question, just make sure you're getting a true Out the Door Price. Some dealer like to sneak things in with financing too and will charge extra if you don't finance.

Whatever dealer DRKnight got his second quote from, don't buy there. $1088 Assembly, that's nonsense.

Hopefully this helps clear a couple things up and thank you all for Riding Red!

Stephen

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I've kept an eye on this forum for quite awhile and thought I'd actually register and say something on here because there's a lot of good info on this forum, but I have been seeing some false info and misconceptions. I work at my family's Honda dealer so I have first hand knowledge of how some things work so I thought I'd clear a couple things up.

All Honda dealers pay the same, no matter the size of the dealer. Big, volume dealers don't get special deals or kickbacks. There are discounts and rebates linked to order and sales targets that dealers on occasion may not hit but they're not just for big dealers.

Dealer invoice is not a myth or bs number, we do have to pay for the units and invoice is what we pay.

Some of the prices I've seen I question, just make sure you're getting a true Out the Door Price. Some dealer like to sneak things in with financing too and will charge extra if you don't finance.

Whatever dealer DRKnight got his second quote from, don't buy there. $1088 Assembly, that's nonsense.

Stephen

Welcome to the forum and thanks for clearing some stuff up.

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Stephen

Thanks for the info. I only question one thing...Invoice. I know that you pay invoice but I can’t see how that’s the actual net cost. Or how do a few dealers, Abernathy for one, sell below invoice? Not just on close outs, promo’s, etc but across all lines. Advertising credit, Cash credit-there must be more to the transaction, they aren’t going to lose money on every sale.

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Stephen
That just goes to PROVE how some dealers are ripping the customer off while others are selling for $2-4K LESS!

S

StephenH

Feb 21, 2019
Jacksonville, IL
Dealers that advertise below invoice all the time typically make their money on things like Extended Warranty, "Tire Warranty", GAP, various fees, finance charges, charges to not finance, ect.

Also, for the most part (I can't speak for everywhere), there's not really anyone selling for $2-4K less. Just pay attention to your Out the Door price no matter where you go.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!