BOX1

Talon What pricing are you getting quoted/paying for Talon?

BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealers that advertise below invoice all the time typically make their money on things like Extended Warranty, "Tire Warranty", GAP, various fees, finance charges, charges to not finance, ect.

Also, for the most part (I can't speak for everywhere), there's not really anyone selling for $2-4K less. Just pay attention to your Out the Door price no matter where you go.
Oh, I ASSURE you the price difference is that great ....... unless some here lie about the HIGH price they are paying. I personally checked many dealers before buying my '18 P1K5D in Oct '18 for $14.6K OTD. I was given prices $2K higher and have seen post from other parts of the country that would easily be $4K higher.

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Oh, I ASSURE you the price difference is that great ....... unless some here lie about the HIGH price they are paying. I personally checked many dealers before buying my '18 P1K5D in Oct '18 for $14.6K OTD. I was given prices $2K higher and have seen post from other parts of the country that would easily be $4K higher.

I typically like OTD pricing when shopping, but it becomes confusing in this setting. Everyone has different requirements. Hell, in Ohio the sales tax varies county to county.

Some of the OTD prices quoted here include tax and/or title/registration fees that may not apply state to state, or even town to town.

When you get OTD prices for your own purchase, you are comparing apples to apples. When we compare OTD prices on the forum, it's really apples and oranges most of the time. Very similar to the guy that says "I can fit 35s no problem" on his truck. What wheel? What offset? Lift? Level? Can you turn stop to stop? Which "35"?...oh actual measurements is 33.8 inches tall, 11.2 inches wide and you have a 2 inch level? That's all relavent....

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
I always ask for price including everything but taxes. Makes it easier to compare.

In Ohio you will pay the sales tax rate of the county you live in. It won’t change between dealers. You’ll just need to let them know your county and tax rate.

Reactions: dnjones161 and JTW
IDIOT

IDIOT

Nov 30, 2018
Kingman, Az.
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
Finally received a Quote from Western Honda in Scottsdale and here it is $20,999 for the R and they will waive the $970 freight, and charge me $199 for setup instead of the normal $299, and then add $289 doc fee, $56 for lic, and 8.05 sales tax which comes out to be approximately $23,277 OTD Does this sound like a fair deal?

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Finally received a Quote from Western Honda in Scottsdale and here it is $20,999 for the R and they will waive the $970 freight, and charge me $199 for setup instead of the normal $299, and then add $289 doc fee, $56 for lic, and 8.05 sales tax which comes out to be approximately $23,277 OTD Does this sound like a fair deal?
Fair is in the “eyes of the beholder” and your market. There are a lot of us doing better than that if you believe the posts. Some areas aren’t as competitive as others so if you don’t want to travel and don’t want to wait then it may be the best you can get in your area. I have a good Ride now so if my dealer didn’t discount I would wait. That might be smart anyway since it’s a new product and even Honda can have issues.

Reactions: BigOL3 and Mudwing
Rustneversleeps

Rustneversleeps

Oct 30, 2018
Talon,New Brunswick,Canada
Ownership

1. 500
My Honda Dealer has the X advertise for 26.999 CDN Plus tax and all those fees(we're not getting the R version) on there site and when ever they do have a sale on any of there bike it's Always 500 or a 1000 bucks...not much of a deal..

Reactions: AlR and BigOL3
Talonpalooza

Talonpalooza

Feb 25, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. Talon X
Fair is in the “eyes of the beholder” and your market. There are a lot of us doing better than that if you believe the posts. Some areas aren’t as competitive as others so if you don’t want to travel and don’t want to wait then it may be the best you can get in your area. I have a good Ride now so if my dealer didn’t discount I would wait. That might be smart anyway since it’s a new product and even Honda can have issues.

Yes, fair is relative. However, for the first couple months, dealers hold all the cards. Demand is high and inventory is low. If the Talon has good reviews by owners then you won't see many dealers move much. I get it, don't blame them, not often do you have products these days in a saturated market segment they can get "sticker price". I am buying an X. I hope the machine holds it's value. To do that, demand needs to be higher than supply and obviously be reliable and fun to drive. One other point of note. We here in the midwest are not even into selling season for SXS's. If the Talon is a hit, forget finding one. Allocations are low at most dealers.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yes, fair is relative. However, for the first couple months, dealers hold all the cards. Demand is high and inventory is low. If the Talon has good reviews by owners then you won't see many dealers move much. I get it, don't blame them, not often do you have products these days in a saturated market segment they can get "sticker price". I am buying an X. I hope the machine holds it's value. To do that, demand needs to be higher than supply and obviously be reliable and fun to drive. One other point of note. We here in the midwest are not even into selling season for SXS's. If the Talon is a hit, forget finding one. Allocations are low at most dealers.
We bought a 2016 P1-5 in August of 2016 and to come to find out it was an early 17, It still had seems like endless recalls, Im going to wait at lest two years before I up grade on the new models and have one inspection for the air boot connection that's due. Really?

Reactions: BigOL3
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We bought a 2016 P1-5 in August of 2016 and to come to find out it was an early 17, It still had seems like endless recalls, Im going to wait at lest two years before I up grade on the new models and have one inspection for the air boot connection that's due. Really?
Yep, even if I had an extra $20K lying around, it would still be smart to wait at LEAST one yr, but 2 yrs are better to get the bugs worked out. I have no desire to have the first ones.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep, even if I had an extra $20K lying around, it would still be smart to wait at LEAST one yr, but 2 yrs are better to get the bugs worked out. I have no desire to have the first ones.
Me either, unless you live next door to the dealership! HA!

J

jvs1670

Feb 12, 2019
Colorado
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
All car dealers and I would bet that powersports dealers have what is called dealer holdback. Even if they sell at invoice they make back a percentage from the manufacturer on the invoice cost of the unit sold. If a car has a $30k invoice and is sold at that cost and if dealer hold back is 3%, they will still make $900.00 for selling the unit from the manufacturer. That is the way the super high volume dealers get away with low selling prices.

Boiler363

Boiler363

Dec 25, 2018
Hecker IL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We purchased our base '16 P1K5 in March of '18 as a new leftover. At the time I had two sister dealerships competing with each other. One ended up about $800 cheaper so I went with them.

The opposing dealer called me up and asked if I had found anything, to which I replied yeah and told them price and they were floored. The salesman was hot and kept saying they can't do that price- I said I don't know what to tell you but I gave them a down payment over the phone already.

When I go to pick up the machine I learned that Honda had an account set up for dealers to use to take a loss on old stock just to get it out the door... I guess nobody told them that the account had closed because the manager straight told me we lost money.... I thought well, that's right where I like to buy lol!!! FYI I paid $13,100+tax

Reactions: Rustneversleeps
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Welcome aboard! Thanks for the "Clear up" for us. It did help and made sense. Accurate scoop on this stuff is great to have.

WB

C

Cwilds

Dec 26, 2018
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Getting my red x for 21,300 this weekend had to bargain a little and gotta drive 400 miles to get it but can't wait

Reactions: 500oneer and Vondy
Doc-TEAMWAX

Doc-TEAMWAX

Nov 27, 2018
Wax, KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Thought I'd start a new thread for Talon Pricing of what everyone is getting quoted and/or paying for the new Talon.

Just got a price from my dealer at
$19,750 plus tax for 1000X
$20,750 plus tax for 1000R
No other fees added.

Told him I'd pay a premium for a Honda, but not $5,000 more than the comparable competitors models. Told him to let me know when they can be bought in the 17k-18K range for the X.

Anyone else get a firm price?
Called Abernathy's today. R= $19,294 X= $18,294 None in stock yet.

Reactions: Rambo

1Ron

Dec 18, 2018
Rockies
Ownership

1. Other Brand
My R will be here next week but I won’t be back for 2-3 weeks, so may let the next guy in line have mine!
My price isn’t far off of Abernathy!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Deal is done. Got 1000X in Red/Gray earlier than local dealer within a reasonable drive away. $21,200 out the door with all taxes and fees, 15% off any accessories. Picking up in a few days. Not the greatest deal, but couldnt find any available or in stock within a reasonable distance. I would have had to wait until May otherwise.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Deal is done. Got 1000X in Red/Gray earlier than local dealer within a reasonable drive away. $21,200 out the door with all taxes and fees, 15% off any accessories. Picking up in a few days. Not the greatest deal, but couldnt find any available or in stock within a reasonable distance. I would have had to wait until May otherwise.
Which dealer did you go with? I keep seeing Just for Fun in Middlefield has stock.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They "had" stock! Had to steal it out of your area.
No stealing required.
Let me know when you come to get it. Maybe I'll buy you a coffee and drool over your machine.

Reactions: Mudwing
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!