P1000 What wrench?.....Axle swap

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I changed my axles yesterday, I went with the Rhino 2.0's. I took off the wheel, then the lower shock bolt, the tie rod, then the upper ball joint nut. All went well except getting that damn 19mm nut on the ball joint off, then worse, getting it back on and tight, there is like no room at all. What are ya'll using for this. I'm thinking maybe a really thin 19mm box end or something. IDK.

H

HondaTech

We usually just remove the upper control arm bolts and shock and swing it out of the way. The axle usually has enough room to come out. May have to remove the tie rod end nut as well.

nitzo

nitzo

Lifetime Member
Aug 16, 2019
East Coast, Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We usually just remove the upper control arm bolts and shock and swing it out of the way. The axle usually has enough room to come out. May have to remove the tie rod end nut as well.

So you leave the ball joint attached to the hub and remove the other end of the a-arm, the part thats to the frame.

H

HondaTech

So you leave the ball joint attached to the hub and remove the other end of the a-arm, the part thats to the frame.

Yes, this is how I replace balljoints as well, get the axle out of the way then the ball joint nut is much easier to remove.

Reactions: Haldog77 and nitzo

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!