Talon What you don't like about the Talon...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Oh come on I've seen you drive and 4 inches wasn't gonna save you.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
My apologies for not being a p*ssy!
But actually yes it does effect things. I’m not actually b****ing about the 64 because the Yzx is too so there’s no choice but it does kill off about 5% of the trails I really like. The pioneer at 63 drives up both trees a foot till it can get through in places, and that’s fun for us. My buddy got seriously stuck with aftermarket wheels this year and took forever to get him out. So YES I was HOPING for 60! Someone is not riding that behemoth 69” TalonR with spacers and aftermarket tires in my woods. You wouldn’t like it there you’d get scratches.

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
But actually yes it does effect things. I’m not actually b****ing about the 64 because the Yzx is too so there’s no choice but it does kill off about 5% of the trails I really like. The pioneer at 63 drives up both trees a foot till it can get through in places, and that’s fun for us. My buddy got seriously stuck with aftermarket wheels this year and took forever to get him out. So YES I was HOPING for 60! Someone is not riding that behemoth 69” TalonR with spacers and aftermarket tires in my woods. You wouldn’t like it there you’d get scratches.
You might be able to find a rim with a little more offset to narrow it up.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Even just a little would be awesome.
Pioneer bolt pattern has proven difficult to find wheels with right offset for Clutch, that’s why it’s still on factory.
Several companies doing “zero offset” wheels as these machines keep getting wider with more travel.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I do see the need tho. As there are trails restricted to 60. We ran into that in Utah few months back.
And I have been working on my atv trails at home for 65" hate to go back and push for 75" now.

Oh well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M

motorman18

Apr 28, 2016
Laurel, MS
Look to me all they wor
That is correct, big land owners such as CMP and AFM have made it very clear that they don't want anything larger than 60" wide on their property and smaller landowners are following suit. Part of the reason is so that larger off-road vehicles don't tear things up. It's a serious compromise that while not perfect has yielded great benefits with over 6000 miles of interconnected trails that lead into New Hampshire, Quebec and New Brunswick. Starting from Pittsfield, ME a person can ride all the way to Quebec and starting in Ellsworth, ME a person can ride all the way to New Brunswick. Maine has been recognized as the best interconnected trail system in the country. Yes, the big width machines have their place but to totally ignore the potential sales in 7 states on the east coast is a business decision that has me curious.

http://www.gpstrailmasters.com/content/goomap/atv-map_E.html[/QUOTE look to me all they worried about is desert and big mountain trails got none of that in south ms very tight trails here to p700 scrubs everywhere

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not complaining, but Pro Armor is going to sell a bunch of door panels.
Really? What is wrong with Honda's offering?
Talon Doors

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
If I am ever able to make it out west(a big dream of mine) to ride, you'll have to show me some of these trails.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If I am ever able to make it out west(a big dream of mine) to ride, you'll have to show me some of these trails.
Gladly! Just don’t ask for sight seeing and we will ride there lol.
I know you’ve been some great places too I remember the pics, we haven’t gotten around the country much because we like our little hole but we’ve been trying more. At some point I’m sure we’ll find someplace to ride together. Life is too short to not experience things, I never say never anymore!

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was also impressed with the bed storage. It looks much deeper than all the others. You probably could put all of the NECESSARY items in there and get along fine. It may not haul all the beer some require but it looks like it would haul all the gear and food you need for a few days.

By your logic you could say, "why are you so concerned about bed storage? This thing was built to go and go fast. Race cars don't have a bed or a trunk. If you want to haul stuff buy a pioneer. If you want to race, buy a talon and thdn hire a chase vehicle to follow you everywhere." LOL.

Just messing with ya. I was also really excited to see that much bed space. I'll add a short tailgate piece to hold loose stuff in and I'm set!

The receiver thing, for me, was more of a "why not" incoporate one. If it had a receiver I bet over half of the owners would have something stuck in it at all times, hitch/ball, d ring shackle, etc. It would have cost nothing to add.

I know how the i4wd works and I'm sure it works awesome. I just kind of like having more control, and if elimimating the i4wd meant saving some money then that would be a bonus too. Seems like having two switches on the dash, one for the front diff and one for the rear (lock and unlock) and a third for 2wd/4wd would be more simple?

But all in all, I guess my only real complaint is no open rear diff. I love the incredibly small turning radius of my pioneer and that has got to be in part due to the open diff. That and not wearing out the tires on asphalt and not contributing to the deterioration of the dirt roads in the campground, are my reasons.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!