Whats the best winch out there for the Honda Pioneer?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
First, Welcome, @Idahocrawler . For P500, Have a [HASHTAG]#3500[/HASHTAG] badlands, and many here use 4500 from various brands. Caution with an excessively big one that can pull more than the weakest part of mounting or point of pull resistance such as a P500 front wheel against a hard stop. As said, the bigger you go, the more amp draw and wire issues.

Idahocrawler

Idahocrawler

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
The formula is at least 2.5 x the weight of your machine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you
First, Welcome, @Idahocrawler . For P500, Have a [HASHTAG]#3500[/HASHTAG] badlands, and many here use 4500 from various brands. Caution with an excessively big one that can pull more than the weakest part of mounting or point of pull resistance such as a P500 front wheel against a hard stop. As said, the bigger you go, the more amp draw and wire issues.
thank you !

One last question are you guys using the Honda winch mounting kit with the badlands ?

Reactions: Biteme and BWAF
djracer

djracer

Jun 2, 2017
Wetumpka, Al.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the Badlands 5000 on my 1000/5 with a Kfi bracket. My wires were plenty long I actually shortened them some. I changed to a synthetic rope and swapped the Fairlead. I have been super impressed! I pulled out a Stuck Jeep Cherokee on my last ride!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
to be the superwinch is worth the little extra, I had a 3500 I bought in 2004 when I bought the first prairie move it to the different machines ive had since until this year I let it go with the rhino because it had a hard time getting the utvs going without using the doubling pulley, serious use its whole life, with clay mud and wet snow and ice. the steel cable lasted about 6 months of my use. I replaced it with amsteel rope and neglected it, never washed it used the rollers all the crap they tell you no, lasted till this jan when the rhino was stuck to the frame in swamp and ice. the only thing that ever went was a 20 dollar contactor
my father inlaw got warn at the same time hasent had many issues but every couple years it seizes up, and has to have the silt and crud cleaned. I wouldn't buy anything but one if those, the HF ones especially are too close to the cost of a superwinch. I think there are way more people that have no issues than do

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
to be the superwinch is worth the little extra, I had a 3500 I bought in 2004 when I bought the first prairie move it to the different machines ive had since until this year I let it go with the rhino because it had a hard time getting the utvs going without using the doubling pulley, serious use its whole life, with clay mud and wet snow and ice. the steel cable lasted about 6 months of my use. I replaced it with amsteel rope and neglected it, never washed it used the rollers all the crap they tell you no, lasted till this jan when the rhino was stuck to the frame in swamp and ice. the only thing that ever went was a 20 dollar contactor
my father inlaw got warn at the same time hasent had many issues but every couple years it seizes up, and has to have the silt and crud cleaned. I wouldn't buy anything but one if those, the HF ones especially are too close to the cost of a superwinch. I think there are way more people that have no issues than do[/QUOTE
My brother brought a supperwinch with his RZR but hasn’t used it yet. Haha. But he’s had a warn on a ‘99 Big Bear and that bike has gone through hell and back. Never an issue. Nothing. He’s plowed with it since new. Replaced the cable end a couple times but, nothing. It’s been under water ,under mud, even upside down. Haha . So when I bought a winch for my 500 I bought a warn 4000lb . It’s worked great so far. The Blackwaters work really good too. Haha. I’m sure everyone has a preference, but mine right now is Warn
Caper

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
we have pretty much the worst stuff around for any electronics, all ways in thin clay mud gets in every where, we get feet of snow all the time and in the spring its always feet of water. pretty much every ride I go deeper than the winch, if they last more than a few years that's pretty good

O

Owens30

Mar 6, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Pioneer 1000.
Warn 4500 ProVantage is my choice on both ends. Not sure how others do overall and I know there are good ones out there but the rear winch is on its 5th rig in 5 years. Both will keep going with me. Only hiccup is broken cable.
Did you have to purchase anything else or did it fit straight into the pioneer?

Reactions: Biteme and Caper
THEOLDMAN

THEOLDMAN

Lifetime Member
Apr 4, 2018
Washington, North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Had a superwinch but it broke on my first trip out. Threaded nut in the bottom stripped and the winch twisted causing catastrophic damange. Superwinch wanted me to ship it to them (on my dime) to see if the warranty would cover it or not.. decided not to spend that $50 and not purchase another winch from superwinch.

I bought a core unit from warn, which was just the winch with not cable, solenoid, wiriring, etc.. been good so far.

If i was to do it again.. it would be the badlands 5000lb winch.
I have the Badlands 5000# also had a 5000# SuperATV and it burned up sitting in shop due to faulty wireless remote switch. Not the remote. A buddy of mine had one on his four wheeler 4500# and did the same thing

Reactions: Biteme and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I have a warn 4,000 lb advantage.
Never had a problem in the 6 years I’ve owned the bike. It’s on a 500.
My brother has a warn on a 99 big bear and it’s been under water, and covered in mud for days, can’t kill it.
Caper

Reactions: Biteme
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
So you didnt have to purchase a mount or anything?

Sorry for not replying . Missed it. But yes I bought an above mount to keep it out of the water.
Caper
5AAF0E80 CA63 46C3 95E4 244F0EF3B8B0

Reactions: Biteme and toddvdh
B

bradwin

Nov 24, 2021
TX
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Don't you guys think 4500 lbs winch is a little too much for vehicles like honda pioneer 1000 (approx. 1550 lbs curb weight). What about (Vehicle Weight * 2) ??

Test - Grid

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!