Dragon21

Dragon21

In my defense, I was left unsupervised
Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Whos running spacers and who isnt. Anyone installed them then took them off?

Right now Im running 1" in the front and 2" in the rear. Ive thought about going to just 1" in the rear to try and get a little narrower for tight trails, and to stay cleaner. My dilemma is I like the width because that adds to stability.

What setup is everyone running?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whos running spacers and who isnt. Anyone installed them then took them off?

Right now Im running 1" in the front and 2" in the rear. Ive thought about going to just 1" in the rear to try and get a little narrower for tight trails, and to stay cleaner. My dilemma is I like the width because that adds to stability.

What setup is everyone running?

same but the dual beadlocks rub on the inside so thats the reason for the spacers, like the stability that comes with width mud isnt so bad with mud busters, a few tight trails have been frustrating.

Reactions: Remington and sharp
dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm on stock wheels no spacers. Terrified to join on a group ride with all this talk of "improved stability" with wheel spacers...I already think my machine is planted to the ground?!?!?

What are you mad-men doing in these things ?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm on stock wheels no spacers. Terrified to join on a group ride with all this talk of "improved stability" with wheel spacers...I already think my machine is planted to the ground?!?!?

What are you mad-men doing in these things ?!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

View full playlist (4 videos)

Pioneer 1000's up Widowmaker, top side - Pioneer Takeover 2018 - HondaSxS club!

Climbing rock table. Ride Royal Blue trail 2

rocky hill climb

Coalmont TN June 23

slick rock

Pioneer 1000-5 on the rocks

There are lots more videos but that....

I'm not one for creeks or mud...

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I’m not. It’s already much too tight in the woods here. I’m a believer in keeping the wheels inside the framework of the vehicle to lessen chances of bent tie rod or control arm, and it’s much easier to get stuck in between a couple trees sticking out, our Wolverine has that problem. Plus it is a lot harder on joints and suspension mounts, have yet to need to fix any of that stuff due to wear, like many have.
Now with that said I have driven several with the wider stance and it is more stable where conditions will allow it to be

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I retain my position of being terrified....

Lol this are some really cool videos. I've seen the VIRB used during supercross, but never on a sxs. Love how it documents pitch and roll: video never does the mountain justice!

D

DDDonkey

When I was on the stock wheels I put 1.5" on the front and 2" spacers on the rear and it was more stable, and fun in the turns (only ran this for 100 miles or so). That setup would rub at full lock, I now have 5+2 15" wheels and truck tires, with no spacer on the front, and the 1.5" on the rear and really like it. The front and rear track look the same to me, and it handles awesome. The truck tires made a world of difference for me, but I drive on the road a lot. I don't think I would run front spacers again but that is me.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I retain my position of being terrified....

Lol this are some really cool videos. I've seen the VIRB used during supercross, but never on a sxs. Love how it documents pitch and roll: video never does the mountain justice!
61 degrees is the most I’ve ever seen while under power. Garmin is bad ass to show you that stuff.
90D66907 3128 4507 B0AE 79F195394B12

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m not. It’s already much too tight in the woods here. I’m a believer in keeping the wheels inside the framework of the vehicle to lessen chances of bent tie rod or control arm, and it’s much easier to get stuck in between a couple trees sticking out, our Wolverine has that problem. Plus it is a lot harder on joints and suspension mounts, have yet to need to fix any of that stuff due to wear, like many have.
Now with that said I have driven several with the wider stance and it is more stable where conditions will allow it to be

You don’t have the same machine long enough to wear out the suspension!!!! J/K ...or am I???

Most of the wear that I know of has been with SATV arms not factory, the grease doesn’t get to the bolts. Factory bushing is a better design than SATV. My bushings were worn before I added the spacers and 30” tires. I’ve only had to replace the SATV bushings, brake pads, and 2 tierods(one due to width one due to me missing a cross trail rut at about 25mph, period that’s all in 2000miles. Everything is still tight, no cracks no wear that I can tell. I clean it up and check after each trail ride.

Threading the needle is harder...I used to thread that at a decent clip... I remembered it’s wider about 2-3secs before impact. It slowed down to 5-6mph but it was a hard stop.

I need to cut that tree down...

1D441193 40EC 4D09 AC24 0130C8BE3A6D 6CE30889 9323 4D0E 8F6D AC3DA6D0CDB7

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You don’t have the same machine long enough to wear out the suspension!!!! J/K ...or am I???

Most of the wear that I know of has been with SATV arms not factory, the grease doesn’t get to the bolts. Factory bushing is a better design than SATV. My bushings were worn before I added the spacers and 30” tires. I’ve only had to replace the SATV bushings, brake pads, and 2 tierods(one due to width one due to me missing a cross trail rut at about 25mph, period that’s all in 2000miles. Everything is still tight, no cracks no wear that I can tell. I clean it up and check after each trail ride.

Threading the needle is harder...I used to thread that at a decent clip... I remembered it’s wider about 2-3secs before impact. It slowed down to 5-6mph but it was a hard stop.

I need to cut that tree down...

View attachment 101651 View attachment 101652
Unfortunately regardless of what you’d be breaking, threading the needle isn’t possible where we ride in St. Marie’s with wheel spacers in some areas.
FD6E546D C1E4 4163 977E CCD6FBE02E95

This was my buddy. He’s got alum roof and larger off sets. After he kinda made it into the trees we spent 1/2 hour winching him out with both winches.
We had just gone through there and came back for him. The trails are like that whole way through and he couldn’t make it at all. Width is a whole different ball game up here. A lot of times you have to drive a couple feet up the trees before they get skinny enough to let you through. That’s why we screw up the plastics so bad but don’t tear up drivetrain.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Had 3600 on 700, 1800 on first 1000, 1600 on second and now at 1500 on this one. That’s a few anyways. Even with problems my family prevails. I’m glad we could find some of Issues that Honda hadn’t so you didn’t have to experience what we did though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigermark and sharp
Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I ran into multiple areas last weekend riding that I couldnt fit through, or struggled to get through. Which brought me to the thinking I may remove them. not sure if 2" would have made the difference, but It may have.

Dragon21

Dragon21

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have 5+2 wheels and run a 1 inch spacer on rear and none one front. That keeps the wheel pretty much in the same track.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Thats what im thinking of going to.

Reactions: Cuoutdoors
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!