Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Why

Why is everyone running a half inch smaller spacer up front the rear already tracks wider than the front to begin with if you want the same offset look all the way around with stock wheels wouldn't you put like an inch and a half up front and a 1 in the rear?

Lots of variables in this question depending on set up but the rear is narrower on all these machines. Pop your wheels and measure hub to hub, the rear is skinnier than the front.

TireTechGuy

TireTechGuy

Jul 29, 2021
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Lots of variables in this question depending on set up but the rear is narrower on all these machines. Pop your wheels and measure hub to hub, the rear is skinnier than the front.
Oh ok. The rear looks wider then the front.. must be an illusion due to the wider rear tires . I'm on factory wheels for now so I just want to give it a little more aggressive look and keep it so I have no rubbing with the 27 inch bighorn 2.0s but still have a little more stance.. so you would recommend a 1.5 front and 2inch rear or a 1 inch front and 1.5 rear? Thanks alot. Just got the machiene 4 days ago.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You're probably close to an even track width now if you're running the stock set up. Putting 1" spacers on all four is how I started, just to give it a little more stability. It's a preference thing really but I always try to keep my track width even. Also running a P500 I like to stay as narrow as possible without feeling tippy.

Reactions: TripleB
TireTechGuy

TireTechGuy

Jul 29, 2021
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You're probably close to an even track width now if you're running the stock set up. Putting 1" spacers on all four is how I started, just to give it a little more stability. It's a preference thing really but I always try to keep my track width even. Also running a P500 I like to stay as narrow as possible without feeling tippy.
Yes I want to stay even. I just got the bike last week so new wheels and tires won't be an upgrade until next season. So temporarily I would like a little more width using the stock wheels. So I will need to stay even all 4 corners. That's what I was wondering! Thanks alot. Love this page it's so helpful! Once I buy different wheels I want 4 of the same offset so I can keep 1 spare for all 4 corners. "buy 5 matching wheels" I also want to keep the same track width all around . Thanks again for the help. Never owned a SXS until now only ever had sport racer quads and 1 450 foreman lol.. big upgrade for me and I'm learning alot about the machiene already . Amazing bike me and my family are very happy with it so far :)

Reactions: trigger and TripleB
TireTechGuy

TireTechGuy

Jul 29, 2021
New Brunswick Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes I want to stay even. I just got the bike last week so new wheels and tires won't be an upgrade until next season. So temporarily I would like a little more width using the stock wheels. So I will need to stay even all 4 corners. That's what I was wondering! Thanks alot. Love this page it's so helpful! Once I buy different wheels I want 4 of the same offset so I can keep 1 spare for all 4 corners. "buy 5 matching wheels" I also want to keep the same track width all around . Thanks again for the help. Never owned a SXS until now only ever had sport racer quads and 1 450 foreman lol.. big upgrade for me and I'm learning alot about the machiene already . Amazing bike me and my family are very happy with it so far :)
It's really going to get difficult trying to figure out the offset to keep same track width when I order new wheels. What do you recommend? I want some dish on the wheel and have them poke out a little something like this . Thanks again

Screenshot 20210801 013324

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Most of us go with 5+2's but you might be able to go with 4+3's depending on the specific tires you go to. When you get ready to make the switch just ask the question in here and guys will chime in. We won't steer you wrong.

Reactions: TripleB

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!