ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the first reasonable trail shot you madman have posted in this thread!

I know a few guys that like to read about near death experiences, but never before have I encountered a whole group that's trying to experience one first hand! :eek:

Hahaha, the machines are far more capable than you think in stock form.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
View attachment 101908

Boy, you better watch out . This old man will spank your ass out on the trail with his old Manuel shift pioneer.;)
Damn Tiger that trail you posted would be dangerous! You better pick an easier trail since you only have a locker!
Btw @Cuoutdoors, nice ass:)

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's the first reasonable trail shot you madman have posted in this thread!

I know a few guys that like to read about near death experiences, but never before have I encountered a whole group that's trying to experience one first hand! :eek:

Definitely not a trail. Hell it is nicer than the road I grew up on. If either of the below pass for off road, you are doing it wrong.

ImagesqtbnANd9GcRMjBAfkLykEUHZIuSqbUhwgQglH3UPmSvXHmWXK1n3OANMJzal
ImagesqtbnANd9GcQIncS7f4kOLWJaAIiHxEGKfuMCwwCMs4yyUNjCqCLuRhqLqsJE

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Opening it up is more dangerous then the harder stuff imo. Speed kills
You are correct. ITs mostly sand and a lot of straight aways cuz of them being snowmobile trails, there also some articulations to them and wooptido’s all over. Just sayin that you can open it up from time to time if you want to. There are spots you can see if there’s others for long distances. It’s not my favorite way to ride but it’s there

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You are correct. ITs mostly sand and a lot of straight aways cuz of them being snowmobile trails, there also some articulations to them and wooptido’s all over. Just sayin that you can open it up from time to time if you want to. There are spots you can see if there’s others for long distances. It’s not my favorite way to ride but it’s there
Ya I definitely wasn’t arguing. Just saying a lot of people don’t understand that usually the technical is much safer. I’ve seen people that were scared of a fairly easy technical area yet would parking lot race at 60mph because it doesn’t take any skill. MUCH more dangerous! Especially for a newbie! Speed greatly increases gravity which hurts.

advertisement
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ya I definitely wasn’t arguing. Just saying a lot of people don’t understand that usually the technical is much safer. I’ve seen people that were scared of a fairly easy technical area yet would parking lot race at 60mph because it doesn’t take any skill. MUCH more dangerous! Especially for a newbie! Speed greatly increases gravity which hurts.
Agreed

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not too long ago, a popular female rock bouncer was killed in a "parking lot maneuver" when her rig flipped and landed on her. Saw several rigs flip doing donuts.

S

Superthrill

Supporting Member
Oct 4, 2018
North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
1.5 in the front and 2 in the rear on 5-2 wheels.. that’s with shocks and lift. I’m pretty close to even. Maybe a 1/2-1” difference
What does that add up to width wise vs stock? Are you guys adding spacers to get close to factory width or adding spacers to be a little wider for stability?

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have people ask me all the time at the gas station, how fast will it run, I reply I don't know and don't care to find out! HA!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What does that add up to width wise vs stock? Are you guys adding spacers to get close to factory width or adding spacers to be a little wider for stability?

With wheels/tires and spacers I’m at 68.5” to the outside of the front tires. I think it was 63-64ish with factory tires/wheels.

Reactions: JTW and Superthrill
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I have people ask me all the time at the gas station, how fast will it run, I reply I don't know and don't care to find out! HA!
Just say fast enough to to be forced to eat from a straw. The 1000 and especially the 5 seat loaded up is sketchy at top speed.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
If you buy 6 + 1 for the front and 5 + 2 for the back you will be factory width.

Bad_bowtie

Bad_bowtie

Huge member
Lifetime Member
Jun 29, 2016
East Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
I've got 1" spacers to go on the back when I put my 5+2 wheels on. Havent decided whether to keep it that way or go with 2" in the back and put the 1" in the front.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!