P500 Where and how do you mount your cell phone or tablet?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We don’t exactly have a whole lot of extra room in and on our P5’s especially since my box was installed. There’s a small triangle of space between the box and the manual/auto transmission switch where I thought I’d put a Ram mount for my IPad to use in conjunction with my GPS, but now I’ve got little room to find a place to mount the phone so I can do iTunes with a Bluetooth speaker. Where are y’all mounting your gadgets? Also what kind of mounting systems are you using?

Reactions: Todd627 and BWAF
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Watching for ideas too :D

Reactions: 100Acre
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We don’t exactly have a whole lot of extra room in and on our P5’s especially since my box was installed. There’s a small triangle of space between the box and the manual/auto transmission switch where I thought I’d put a Ram mount for my IPad to use in conjunction with my GPS, but now I’ve got little room to find a place to mount the phone so I can do iTunes with a Bluetooth speaker. Where are y’all mounting your gadgets? Also what kind of mounting systems are you using?
13B21FB8 F886 4710 8EB4 E5BD0F3BA649

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I don't. I ride in part to get away from that stuff. Where I ride cell service is almost non existent so I stick mine in the cargo bag on the back. I usually remember at some point after getting home to go get it.
Mines for Bluetooth to play my 3,000 songs on the sound bar.

16p500

16p500

May 13, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 500
20180721 193438
20180721 193519

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Here's how and where I mounted mine...P500 - How I mounted an 8" Tablet with limited dash space

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reactions: Todd627
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Which mount did you use and where did you mount it? I couldn’t really see something for screwing it into the dash. Did you put yours on a bar somewhere?
Drives side A Pillar , up near the roof. I have the iPhone XS MAX case with the RAM ball adapter. Used a RAM 1"ball base and @3-4" long arm

Stays put and I can have it in or out in under 5secs, I never got pictures of anyone because it took so long to get it back in the ram clamp with the rubber bands. I even ran it around the track catching a little air and it stayed put.

Reactions: 100Acre and Todd627
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Drives side A Pillar , up near the roof. I have the iPhone XS MAX case with the RAM ball adapter. Used a RAM 1"ball base and @3-4" long arm

Stays put and I can have it in or out in under 5secs, I never got pictures of anyone because it took so long to get it back in the ram clamp with the rubber bands. I even ran it around the track catching a little air and it stayed put.
What’s an A pillar?

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
A bit pricey tho...

Yes. My brother in law uses this sytem on his mountain bikes. He does some insane trails year round and these mounts & cases have never failed.

The car mounts that use 3M tape to mount on the dash might be a good solution. He put one in his Acadia and wanted to move it on the dash and it took a lot to get it off the dash.

I might try this route

Reactions: 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. My brother in law uses this sytem on his mountain bikes. He does some insane trails year round and these mounts & cases have never failed.

The car mounts that use 3M tape to mount on the dash might be a good solution. He put one in his Acadia and wanted to move it on the dash and it took a lot to get it off the dash.

I might try this route
Love and will support Americans made whenever possible though, so thanks for that link. Is 3M adhesive enough grip for the continued beating and bumping of a dusty running SXS though? I always assumed screwing it into the dash would be more optimal and stronger. My GPS cradle charger has a suction cup mount for the windshield and all too often I have to reattach it due to vibration.

Todd627

Todd627

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Love and will support Americans made whenever possible though, so thanks for that link. Is 3M adhesive enough grip for the continued beating and bumping of a dusty running SXS though? I always assumed screwing it into the dash would be more optimal and stronger. My GPS cradle charger has a suction cup mount for the windshield and all too often I have to reattach it due to vibration.

That would be the only thing to question. All I can attest to regarding the 3M tape is that it almost took an act of God to get the mount off the dash of his Acadia. That SOB was on there!!! And those mounts are only $20 I think (plus have to buy one of their cases) but still overall cheaper than other options I guess.

Reactions: DaddyDubbs

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!