Multi Which hard cooler you like and why?

What brand of roto-molded cooler you have? Why do you like it?

• Total voters
L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve got a couple of the Pelican cooled and they are as good as anything out there with better latches. They are the only cooler that is certified as bear proof and accepted by the US Forest Service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
J

JTW

I’ve got a couple of the Pelican cooled and they are as good as anything out there with better latches. They are the only cooler that is certified as bear proof and accepted by the US Forest Service.

That’s last part I don’t think is accurate.. but I could be wrong.

Reactions: Plumber32 and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No mattter the cooler you have, you can always add a little rock salt in it and it will freeze everything in it. I tried it one time and it made it too cold, the beer turned to slush.

B

BBLASER

Nov 11, 2018
Phoenix
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have yeti, rtic, coleman and Canyon. I tend to grab my Canyon the most.

Reactions: sharp
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Two large Rubbermaids
Two small rubbermaids
Lifetime
Two smal igloos

Honestly the rubbermaids seem to do really well while we go camp the lifetime i bought at Walmart and its not the best says hold ice 5 days WRONG does good to keep it a day thats in the shade i use the small ones for wen i go ride now that we have the 1000-3 we will be using the large rubbermaids for the money they are worth it IMO

Huntnbuddy2

Huntnbuddy2

Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2017
Sand Mtn
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a Ozark trail and a Coleman and igloo. Like them all. Use the Ozark when riding,

Reactions: sharp and Backwoods
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Buy a Grizzly they are made in Iowa. I own almost every one they make and I've been to the factory several times.

Some of yeti are made overseas and ALL of the Rtic are made overseas. Rtic just copies everyone else and makes them in China.

I do like the latches on the big pelican cooler i have. It weighs twice as much as the grizzly and doesn't work any better.

Grizzly also has ice pack dividers that are pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

That’s last part I don’t think is accurate.. but I could be wrong.
I didn't read everything but I was told the pelican is bear proof on it's own and many of the others have to have a padlock to be considered bear proof......

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!