BOX1

Multi Which hard cooler you like and why?

What brand of roto-molded cooler you have? Why do you like it?

• Total voters

3wtrod

Apr 14, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not sure if Lifetime coolers are available coast to coast (Walmart sells their products in Utah), but they are well built and well priced. I think their 26 qt model is around $69.00. They're even rated as bear proof. They are headquartered in Clearfield, Utah. Lifetime.com

Reactions: sharp
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well I bought what I thought was the best cooler for the money. RTIC 20 on sale Memorial Day was $110 shipped..Hard to beat for the price
Nice! I’m still hoping for a sand flea infestation on the sac of whoever stole your other one.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It sucks when it was packed full of Subway sammiches, Coors Light and a few granola bars. Wished I knew who took it so I could be there to watch Karma ass f*** them with a cactus!!! :D
I hate thieves! Just because Coors Light was stolen don’t think it was me, I probably have an alibi. Glad ya got a new one that’s a good price

3wtrod

Apr 14, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Saw these at the Walmart in Red Bluff, California.

20190530 152045

Reactions: sharp and Russ989
YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I bought a Lifetime 28qt about a week ago for $78 plus tax at a Walmart here in Arkansas. Works pretty damned good. Still had ice over 48 hours after loading it and it was in the rear floorboard of the truck with windows rolled up so it wouldn't get stolen.There may be a marginal edge to some, but I think they all are amazing. The big factor is how often you keep flapping the lid open and closed.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bought a Lifetime 28qt about a week ago for $78 plus tax at a Walmart here in Arkansas. Works pretty damned good. Still had ice over 48 hours after loading it and it was in the rear floorboard of the truck with windows rolled up so it wouldn't get stolen.There may be a marginal edge to some, but I think they all are amazing. The big factor is how often you keep flapping the lid open and closed.
Thats good to know...i had heard they werent as good as the 55qt. @Ragnar406

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rogers sporting goods here in Missouri is carrying these, they look pretty good and the price isn’t bad either.

Rugid

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thats good to know...i had heard they werent as good as the 55qt. @Ragnar406
No experience with any other size than the Lifetime 28qt. I think all of them are pretty much equal now days no matter the size or brand. True that one brand may be a bit better than another, but not enough for me to drop $200 more. I had ice after baking it inside a truck for two days for 78 bucks, I'm good.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
RTIC is owned by the guy who started Yeti, he sold Yeti and started a new company. I have one of the RTIC 60s, seems like a good cooler, havent used it much. Also have a Yeti that I got for free with travel points, no way in hell I'd spend my $$ on one.
I dont believe that is true. Yeti was started and is owned by 2 brothers in Florida. RTIC is based out of Texas but all of their products are made in China. They use a direct ship model as well to cut out the middle man.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I dont believe that is true. Yeti was started and is owned by 2 brothers in Florida. RTIC is based out of Texas but all of their products are made in China. They use a direct ship model as well to cut out the middle man.

I was told that the guy that started Yeti wife divorced him after the cooler took off and she started RTIC as a lower priced knockoff. That’s why there was no many lawsuits when they first came out! Ex husband and wife not getting along??? Surely NOT!!! :D

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
The 906
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

That's quite possible, just what I heard, I have no skin in the game so I never researched it.

Technoguru

Technoguru

Lifetime Member
May 8, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought an igloo bmx 25 quart cooler does a great job half the price of yeti I got mine for $40 on sale holds ice 3-4 days easy. Well constructed should last my lifetime.

Reactions: sharp and Mudwing
Rangejunkie

Rangejunkie

Lifetime Member
Feb 3, 2019
Jackson, MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a yeti, engle, and a pelican. Well the pelican belongs to my company. I use my yeti 45 mainly for tailgating and hunting small game, my yeti 75 for camping, hunting large game and long trips, my engle 25 for riding around camp and work days, the pelican is a 65qt and it gets abused pretty bad. It stays in the back of my companies mechanic truck I drive. They have great customer service and stand behind their product 100% we had one that started to separate, they told us to drill holes in the bottom of the cooler, send them pictures and they shipped us another one. No questions asked. Just for the record. I dont support yeti, I had them before all the stuff went down politically... but I refuse to throw away a cooler that cost that much.... I just put stickers over their stuff and rebadged it with a s***i cooler badge.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!