P1000 Which skid plate to buy...

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Someone once said any metal skid plate is like dragging a cheese grater across a rock. All those air, drain, bolt holes will catch something eventually. The UHMW will help protect you and slide over the junk.

Reactions: TripleB and JenElio
aleaddict

aleaddict

Lifetime Member
Jan 17, 2021
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have the same machine and struggled with the same decision-making process. Ultimately I went with the SSS Off-road skid. It's 3/8" and comes in 5 pieces (plus reenforcement strips along the outside rockers). Only caveat is you'll need to drill and tap a few 6mm holes. I also added SATV a-arms front & rear so didn't need arm guards. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!