P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
E brake finally underway. Had the disk and caliper mount done months ago. Just mounted the master. Going to go through the seat firewall for the handle.

View attachment 65322 View attachment 65323
You do really awesome work how long you been a machinist .I've been doing it 23 years. I don't do quite the job you do but i try. Nor do have such a sweet shop.

Sent from my SCH-R890 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You do really awesome work how long you been a machinist .I've been doing it 23 years. I don't do quite the job you do but i try. Nor do have such a sweet shop.

I just tinker. No professional here.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
E brake works. Could use a smaller bore master cylinder for an easier pull. Think I have some old 4 wheeler rear brake masters I might try later. Still need to test this one some more and brake in the pads.

IMG 20180218 204348244

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
E brake works. Could use a smaller bore master cylinder for an easier pull. Think I have some old 4 wheeler rear brake masters I might try later. Still need to test this one some more and brake in the pads.

View attachment 65704
I had thought about an electronic line lock but I like the idea if you blow a brake line you would still have ebrake

Reactions: sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I had thought about an electronic line lock but I like the idea if you blow a brake line you would still have ebrake

The duty cycle is real low on the electric locks. The cheap manual locks like to leak and blow seals also. The stock master cylinder only has 1 shared reservoir so if anything leaks you will loose all brakes. Swapping to a dual reservoir master cylinder is what I would like to do also to separate front and rear brakes. Wilwood has a 1" bore master with remote reservoirs. Will have to fab an adapter bracket and rod. I'll get to that before takeover.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The duty cycle is real low on the electric locks. The cheap manual locks like to leak and blow seals also. The stock master cylinder only has 1 shared reservoir so if anything leaks you will loose all brakes. Swapping to a dual reservoir master cylinder is what I would like to do also to separate front and rear brakes. Wilwood has a 1" bore master with remote reservoirs. Will have to fab an adapter bracket and rod. I'll get to that before takeover.
I hadn't even looked at master cylinder yet . Something to think about. Thanks for info

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I hadn't even looked at master cylinder yet . Something to think about. Thanks for info

I wonder with wilwood master cylinder if it would stop a little better?

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
would a cable actuated caliper work? Similar to a Cadilac rear.
Any pics of the caliper/ disk mounted to pinion?

Or this?Screenshot 20180220 134629

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

Or this?View attachment 65708
I think somewhere like post 410 in this thread there was one way up there. I don't know why a cable wouldn't work might my be hard to pull unless you make foot

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I wonder with wilwood master cylinder if it would stop a little better?

The 1" bore would give a little more leverage than the stock 1 1/16" bore.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Or this?View attachment 65708
I bought the wilwood one just like that but it was not floating unless I made some crazy bracket for it. I wanted that with the old toyota truck pull and turn e brake.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ok I did the Toyota pull Ebrake on my Rocky build. It worked flawless, but there' not as much room to work with here.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok I did the Toyota pull Ebrake on my Rocky build. It worked flawless, but there' not as much room to work with here.
I wonder how much work it would be to add a four-wheeler caliper to each Factory disc and then put the master cylinder on them or do cables with foot lever

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!