P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You might want to make that a heated bed... otherwise your ass is gunna get cold in the hotel!
Motor heat does pretty good lol. Could put some electric heat strips under it. Got room to do a slide out extension underneath. Probably hit it with some white bedliner when done.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Resized 20181024 2153031

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: BWAF and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
The bed looks awesome. I've had an idea I've been pondering on. I've been looking at ways to build a load leveling kit with 2 small air bags. I dont like how bad it squats when loaded. Have you ever considered anything of the sort?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I looked into it a while back. Packaging was kind of the hard thing. Looked like the easist and most compact would be to just replace the rear shocks with fox, king, etc air shocks. They dont tend to work that great at high speed. Would probably take to time to get the valving right. Other options would be an additional air shock with the valving removed or maybe a bellcrank/linkage to get airbags under the bed.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok this is a REALLY s***ty drawing but you're a smart guy you'll get it. My thought is you want to keep the same quality of ride and that's what's kept me from air shocks. When loaded down with weight if you could simply push the shock further down it would resolve the squatting issue. I could do that by cranking the springs but I'm not going to spend an hour doing that every time.

Here is a drawing with an air bag on an arm that would move the shock up or down. Normal riding the airbag would be collapsed with internal bumper. When loaded just pump up the air bag.

8339df411cc55fd17d99eab5e6f585de

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!