P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Got everything mocked up. I've got to get some more travel at the rack end of the steering so I'll probably swap to a heim joint there. I'm around 17" of travel if I remove the foam/rubber bump stop. The rear will be easier without steering and ball joints to worry about. Should be easy to get around 20" travel in the rear. I'll get the front finished and put a few miles on it before tackling the rear.

Resized 20190804 210148

chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got everything mocked up. I've got to get some more travel at the rack end of the steering so I'll probably swap to a heim joint there. I'm around 17" of travel if I remove the foam/rubber bump stop. The rear will be easier without steering and ball joints to worry about. Should be easy to get around 20" travel in the rear. I'll get the front finished and put a few miles on it before tackling the rear.

View attachment 145827
You make it hard to get excited about my door bushing upgrade :confused:

93whitese-r

93whitese-r

Lifetime Member
Aug 6, 2017
Cincinnati ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you seen the chromoly adapters they make for the rzrs to tame the bumpsteer those cause ? They look like the factory ball joint style end of the tie rod. But they are threaded so you can thread a rod into... I was thinking of trying to make a set to mess with the tie rods

Reactions: BWAF
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Have you seen the chromoly adapters they make for the rzrs to tame the bumpsteer those cause ? They look like the factory ball joint style end of the tie rod. But they are threaded so you can thread a rod into... I was thinking of trying to make a set to mess with the tie rods
I haven't. I checked with several mfg's of the stock type ball joint and none of them had enough angle. Pic's?

I don't do much high speed stuff with this pig!

Reactions: sharp and BWAF
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That's sweet, how wide did you end up, how much travel, when you think you'll get rear done . What will both cost and when do I drop mine off . Lol

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Around 72" wide. About 17" total travel. I'll tackle the rear in a month or so. Cost will be infinity and lots of beer! Probably around 5k in parts alone if you buy used shocks.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Nice articulation! It looks like the arm geometry and spring rated work really well together. How is the ride and body roll?
All I've done so far is twist it up and check things. Feels softer pushing on the bumper than before and almost no roll when pushing on the cage. Going to thrash it this weekend so will know more soon.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!