BOX1

P1000 White Lightning Build

snuffnwhisky submitted a new Garage Item:

White Lightning Build

Bought her 2 weeks ago. Had a full page s*** list the first night. Didn't really know about Honda having a sxs or much about sxs's until I talked to my brother about getting one. He works at the local Honda shop... lucky me! Started reading this forum after talking to him and out of the blue a guy at work wanted a four-wheeler and I had one... so it begins!

View attachment 23741

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Ok this is a REALLY s***ty drawing but you're a smart guy you'll get it. My thought is you want to keep the same quality of ride and that's what's kept me from air shocks. When loaded down with weight if you could simply push the shock further down it would resolve the squatting issue. I could do that by cranking the springs but I'm not going to spend an hour doing that every time.

Here is a drawing with an air bag on an arm that would move the shock up or down. Normal riding the airbag would be collapsed with internal bumper. When loaded just pump up the air bag.

View attachment 97008

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
That will basically act like dual rate springs on a coilover. If the airbag is 300# per inch and the spring is 300# per in, you'll compress 2" with 300# load instead of 1" with a single spring. You would have to have a way to lock the hinge in place once raised.

Reactions: sharp, BWAF and JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That will basically act like dual rate springs on a coilover. If the airbag is 300# per inch and the spring is 300# per in, you'll compress 2" with 300# load instead of 1" with a single spring. You would have to have a way to lock the hinge in place once raised.
I agree. Probably not anything I'd build but just something I'd been pondering.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: BWAF and sharp
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Been a while... Might see a little long travel on the Pioneer one day...

Resized 20190505 192650 2

Resized 20190429 210531

Resized 20190421 155100

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Started mocking up long travel on the pioneer. Hopefully this weekend I will get the geometry finalized and the arms finished for the front. I have the factory Fox RC2 2.5 shocks off my YXZ that I am going to use. Rhino 2.0 axles. I am shooting for 2.5" forward and overall width of about 71". Travel looks to be 15"-17". It can be more but I would need to move the A arm mounting points and change to a shorter rack to do it and not wanting to go that deep yet. Going to have to cut a lot of plastic around the headlights.

Resized 20190731 223057

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Started mocking up long travel on the pioneer. Hopefully this weekend I will get the geometry finalized and the arms finished for the front. I have the factory Fox RC2 2.5 shocks off my YXZ that I am going to use. Rhino 2.0 axles. I am shooting for 2.5" forward and overall width of about 71". Travel looks to be 15"-17". It can be more but I would need to move the A arm mounting points and change to a shorter rack to do it and not wanting to go that deep yet. Going to have to cut a lot of plastic around the headlights.

View attachment 145107
THIS IS GOING TO BE INTERESTING! I really like the Talons, but I need a working bed and 4 seats in the shorter platform. Think Honda should have done this with the LE and a non I4WD P1-5?

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 145107

I’m going to drop my machine, argon, filler rod, and parts off.

When you finish, the fridge full of beer will be delivered.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!