DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My first dragbike was an 88 cbr1000f. 4" arm, 1049 kit, 39mm keihin fcrs, 40 shot of nitrous. Fast bike for its age. I still got couple framed pics of me on it at Memphis dragstrip.
Local cool older kid had an '87 black and red he bought brand new. We were on the bus to school one morning and he passed us (it was a passing zone), but did so on the back wheel at well above the speed limit.
As luck would have it, a NC State Trooper rounded the curve at the end of the passing zone going the other way for a call, lights and siren ablaze. Trooper did a full 4 wheel lock, drift sideways, crime-drama style stop to avoid hitting him head on. Needless to say, the trooper very excitedly stuck his head at the window and told him to pull over. The kid didn't have it for too long after that...

Last edited:
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Local cool older kid had an '87 black and red he bought brand new. We were on the bus to school one morning and he passed us (it was a passing zone), but did so on the back wheel at well above the speed limit.
As luck would have it, a NC State Trooper rounded the curve at the end of the passing zone going the other way for a call, lights and siren ablaze. Trooper did a full 4 wheel lock, drift sideways, crime-drama style stop to avoid hitting him head on. Needless to say, the trooper very excitedly stuck his head at the window and told him to pull over. The kid didn't have it for too long after that...
Haha cool story. Buddy i bought mine from has an 87 he bought new. Last time i talked to him it still had less than 1200 miles on it (not a typo). They were awesome machines other than crappy hydraulic camchain tensioners.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went on photobucket to look for pics of mine and pics of my buddys, but they wanted me to pay to use site. When did that happen?

Reactions: DG Rider
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
View attachment 87231 The first Talon. “Back to the Future”
I bought a pair of those Oddessy, clapped out n seized up for $500 (for both) spent only $350 combined getting them going. By far the most fun per $ ever spent. My brother and I would go out in a 30 acre pasture on the wet grass and play tag using a nerf football, some hellish Mad Max scenes were reenacted. Nothing throws you off your game like getting rammed at 25 mph from the side. :rolleyes:

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well crap! ALL of my old photos are on there. So guess im being blackmailed to see them again.
They have dropped the prices since that post was started, but supposedly, you can still download what you have stored for free.

Reactions: Delton
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great photos guys! I spent quite a bit of time on an ATC90 back in the early 70's.. been through a s*** ton of motorcycles since then, but as far as dirt stuff I still have;
My trusty 2002 Honda Rancher. Now with somewhere just south of 10,000 miles on her.
Camptrip05048

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!