Still waiting for my pioneer 1000 Forest 3. 16 months now. My 2022 order is now a 2023.

S

shipahoy

Supporting Member
Apr 25, 2022
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
Thats like trying to convince a guy looking for a truck to look at an suv.
The -5s cost more, are heavier, and are a little slower
The -3s cost less, are lighter, and are a little faster Not to mention better looking 😎
Started looking for a 2021 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe in late 2021. Put a *refundable* deposit down at once place. Keep looking (atvtrader.com) and calling. Found one a few weeks later and bought it. Drove 1 hour to pick it up. Got my deposit back from the first place, no questions asked.

Started looking for a 2023 Talon 1000R Live Valve about a month and a half ago. Found it the same day I started looking. Drove 5 hours to pick it up that weekend.

Oh, found a 1000R 4 Live Valve seater that same day I could have bought, too.

There is absolutely NO reason you can't find what you're looking for IF you put some time and effort into looking and calling around. They aren't going to find you.

Putting a "deposit" down on one at one dealership and doing nothing more than waiting for something to materialize is not the way I would go about it.

Good luck with your wait ... err ... search.
Thanks for reply, I should have put waiting and searching.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks. They are closed on Mondays. I'll be on phone at 9:00. sent emails and left phone message yesterday. Sales person turn over at dealers here is huge and when gone you loose your contact.
Keep in mind when looking on atvtrader that a stock number is not the same as a vin number. If it has a vin listed its most likely in hand.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I wouldn't characterize it as "convincing". I would call it "sharing the opinions and experiences of those who have come before so that the potential buyer can make a fully informed decision".

When I was researching my purchase in 2021 (after previous research convinced me to buy a Pioneer over all the other brands), I was pretty much convinced that the 3-seater was THE best fit for me. I was days away from loading up and driving to VT to pick up a 2021 P1K3 SE. After a lot of input by the experienced members of these forums, I quickly realized that I would be disappointed if I did NOT purchase the 5-seater.

The reasons why most people prefer the 5 over the 3 are already documented throughout these forums, so no need to rehash them all here. For the record, I almost never use the jump seats of the 5-seater and use it for hauling and such far more often. But I would be disappointed if I had a 3-seater. Just this past weekend, we popped open the seats for some friends who flew in from Dallas for the weekend (while doing the recovery on the capsized pontoon boat). I also LOVE that anything in the back is covered in the event it rains. The full cage is stronger than that of the 3-seater in the event of an unfortunate rollover. Those three factors were what tipped my decision in the favor of the 5 over the 3.
The -3s cost less, are lighter, and are a little faster Not to mention better looking 😎
I'd venture a guess that the majority of folks agree that the benefits of the 5-seater outweigh those of the 3-seater. Of course there are plenty of folks who are very happy with their choice of the 3-seater, and it most likely was/is the best choice for him/her/them.

But to not share the knowledge that has been fully vetted on these forums and elsewhere with someone who appears to be new to the sport and is still researching, I would say we would be doing them a disservice by not sharing the information and opinions of buyers who have come before him.

Last edited:
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Yep, learned that one. Thanks
Tips for using atvtrader.com:

Always check out atvtrader.com first thing in the AM.
Set your search radius large(er).
Use limited but targeted keywords.
After the results are returned, order them by date posted, newest first.
Look for ads that have pictures of ACTUAL machines at the dealerships, not the "stock" photos.
Start at the top of the ordered list and call. Do not email.
Call at least 4 or 5 places per day.
Rinse and repeat each day.
That's exactly how I found many that were in stock, just arrived, or were literally being unloaded off the truck.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I was just giving my 2 cents being one of those that came before him. I too appreciate the opinions of those more experienced than I. My comparison was more to bust balls not ruffle feathers. ✌

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I was just giving my 2 cents being one of those that came before him. I too appreciate the opinions of those more experienced than I. My comparison was more to bust balls not ruffle feathers. ✌
I agree. Your experiences are just as important as what any others might provide. He most certainly can gain some insight from those who made the inferior decision ... 🤣 JK, JK.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tips for using atvtrader.com:

Always check out atvtrader.com first thing in the AM.
Set your search radius large(er).
Use limited but targeted keywords.
After the results are returned, order them by date posted, newest first.
Look for ads that have pictures of ACTUAL machines at the dealerships, not the "stock" photos.
Start at the top of the ordered list and call. Do not email.
Call at least 4 or 5 places per day.
Rinse and repeat each day.
That's exactly how I found many that were in stock, just arrived, or were literally being unloaded off the truck.
@Scoop If you recall you were instrumental in motivating my butt to Call dealerships.....and boom, 2 days later I had mine, so Thank you

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Thanks for tip lol and reply. I just like the 3 seaters.
good luck in your search but don’t be a victim

these machines are readily available

just gotta have a pocket of cash, full tank of gas and go

I searched Wisconsin and a few dealers in PA and Wisconsin and machines are in stock

I haven’t seen a talon or pioneer at my little local Honda dealer in years - if I was waiting on them I’d be in the boat with ya

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Your entitled to your opinion as well.
Im being nice here get it? ;)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Who are you and what have you done with Sheriff Remington? :eek:
Im still here…
IMG 7049

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I hear he took some time off from his usual patrol duty to partake in some anger management classes and Dale Carnegie courses.
LMAO! I took the DC corse a long time ago. Not a bad corse.
But nothing could beat the Limbaugh Institute for Advanced Conservative Studies!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!