P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

C

Chooglin

It was 115 days ago that I first contacted them (8-7-17) about making a locker for the 500 , just in case anyone is counting the days............lol

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I emailed them a few weeks back. They said it would be a few months, which probably means a year.

Screenshot 20171202 074418

S

SmokinJoe

Jan 28, 2017
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
"Cora" at Torqmaster just e-mailed me back (12-2-17). Her exact words: "We are currently working on a locker for the Honda Pioneer 500." I sent her back an encouraging e-mail, advising that I know "many" 500 owners who would buy it.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Just spoke with them today. (12-4-17) Still a "few months out", no metal has been cut yet and they have the 3D printed portion complete. This does not excite me in the least. Being that it is "Build season" around here I hope they are aware that some of us do not like taking apart a rig in the springtime.

Here is the prototype FYI.

Polylocker

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Just spoke with them today. (12-4-17) Still a "few months out", no metal has been cut yet and they have the 3D printed portion complete. This does not excite me in the least. Being that it is "Build season" around here I hope they are aware that some of us do not like taking apart a rig in the springtime.

View attachment 59356
That's disappointing... and that's not what I really want to say.:mad:

Reactions: chrisC and pFive
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I can tell ya that if they wait till April it wont matter for me. I was already thinking about making new Forward A-Arms or relocating the frame tabs to stretch the wheelbase this winter since my lift will be free, but all of that is pointless without this one cornerstone piece.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I can tell ya that if they wait till April it wont matter for me. I was already thinking about making new Forward A-Arms or relocating the frame tabs to stretch the wheelbase this winter since my lift will be free, but all of that is pointless without this one cornerstone piece.
Great minds think alike..... I've been thinking about doing the same thing. Been looking for a wrecked P1000 too..;)

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 59356

That blows...but we've waited this long and at least they're working on it. If it takes a little longer to make it bullet proof then I'll wait. Gonna be a little shredder with all four biting. ;)

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Reckon I could send my diff to them and have them install it? I don’t do gears...

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
This is excellent news for the P500 clan.
In 4 months time they went from a request to proof of concept on the table. I'm excited.
A 500 would make a great creek runner around here but it needs diff lock to do that.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!