P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

C

Chooglin

Reckon I could send my diff to them and have them install it? I don’t do gears...
No need to mess with gears , other than remove them. If the 500 locker will be the same as the Can-Am locker (I assume it will be) all you need to do is remove the 2 side gears and 2 pinion gears and install the locker in place of the gears.
Screenshot 2017 12 05 10 12 36

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That 3d model could just be the one they made for Can-Am and sent the pic to you just to shut us all up for awhile. Lol

Reactions: Chooglin
RydeAK

RydeAK

Aug 20, 2016
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
I'm in. A locker and those walker Evans would be awesome! Can't wait.
Prototypes are a huge cost to make. They are investing $$$ in our interest.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Reckon I could send my diff to them and have them install it? I don’t do gears...
I would do it for you, or any of the other guys too. But seriously, I think it'll be more involved removing and reinstalling the differential, than installing the locker in the diff. It really will be a fairly simple install, nothing to be scared of.;) Once I get mine installed, I'll have a good idea as to time involved, but I doubt it would take more than an hour for just the actual locker install to disassemble the diff, clean, install locker, and reassemble. I would expect that the whole job will take about 4-5 hours start to finish for most of us. For the guys that do this type of thing often, probably knock it out in the 3 hour area.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I would do it for you, or any of the other guys too. But seriously, I think it'll be more involved removing and reinstalling the differential, than installing the locker in the diff. It really will be a fairly simple install, nothing to be scared of.;) Once I get mine installed, I'll have a good idea as to time involved, but I doubt it would take more than an hour for just the actual locker install to disassemble the diff, clean, install locker, and reassemble. I would expect that the whole job will take about 4-5 hours start to finish for most of us. For the guys that do this type of thing often, probably knock it out in the 3 hour area.
It would probably take me about 10 to 12 hrs bicous it would take me that long to remember where all the parts whent when it's time to put it back together. :confused:o_O:oops:

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
A few of us have contacted a company Locking Differential | Torq-Masters
that could very possibly be offering a front differential lock for the Pioneer 500.
What I would like to do is start a list of people who would buy one of these.

This is there youtube page just so everyone knows what they offer.

Torq-Masters Industries

Please post if you are interested!
Count me in...as long as I can engage it from behind the steering wheel! Many years ago, someone was selling an inexpensive mechanical locker device for the Honda 350 Rancher TRX350. Would that be possible on the P500?

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Count me in...as long as I can engage it from behind the steering wheel! Many years ago, someone was selling an inexpensive mechanical locker device for the Honda 350 Rancher TRX350. Would that be possible on the P500?
This particular one apers to not be that expensive.

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500

This is like a Detroit locker in a muscle car, you don't engage or disengage it, it's always ready in the event of a wheel spin.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
C

Chooglin

This is like a Detroit locker in a muscle car, you don't engage or disengage it, it's always ready in the event of a wheel spin.
Yes and no. It only works if the 4wd/2wd lever is in the 4wd position.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think High Lifter has been selling this style of locker for years (AKA-lunchbox locker) for older Honda's. There was also a guy who went by Dirty Howie (in Canada, i think) who sold one, but if i recall, his was really just a spool, which would be undesirable for anything but hard core mud guys who ride nothing else. Haven't heard of him in years.

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Question for the guys with the power steering already on their rigs. Can you "disconnect" the power aspect of it and give guys without a review of the brutality the locker is without it after putting one on? Only reason i ask is that i am one of the few without it still as i havent felt the need in my riding, and i also dont use the 4wd all the time either. So if a guy only had to deal with the locker when in 4wd, would it be bearable without the power steering? I figure best way to find out might be if someone can compare it literally side by side on the same machine, without the interruption of stopping to install the pwr steering and ride it another day or week later...just a thought.

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Question for the guys with the power steering already on their rigs. Can you "disconnect" the power aspect of it and give guys without a review of the brutality the locker is without it after putting one on? Only reason i ask is that i am one of the few without it still as i havent felt the need in my riding, and i also dont use the 4wd all the time either. So if a guy only had to deal with the locker when in 4wd, would it be bearable without the power steering? I figure best way to find out might be if someone can compare it literally side by side on the same machine, without the interruption of stopping to install the pwr steering and ride it another day or week later...just a thought.
It is a ratcheting locker. Which is basically a limited slip. It won’t affect turning from what the description said...

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
It is a ratcheting locker. Which is basically a limited slip. It won’t affect turning from what the description said...
That much i get, i know i saw someone else say something about the idea of running it without pwr steering too. Just wondering if it is really going to be that awful without it or not if a guy only has to deal with it when using the 4wd as needed and not consistently. I know some guys like to keep their rigs in 4wd but i generally only use it when i suspect i will not be able to get by in 2wd

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!