P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

C

Chooglin

Here's the bits of video I did on the Torq-Locker on Saturday in the mountains. Please give me some lee-way on the mistakes- at one point I said "open locker" and what I meant to say is 'open differential' I also mixed up the trail numbers, and there's likely some stuff I missed, but I had to share what a fantastic day I had, not just as a test ride, but a really fun ride!!
Torq-Locker P-500 mountain torture test.mp4
It sounds like this locker is a home run , thanks for sharing the video.

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
Here's the bits of video I did on the Torq-Locker on Saturday in the mountains. Please give me some lee-way on the mistakes- at one point I said "open locker" and what I meant to say is 'open differential' I also mixed up the trail numbers, and there's likely some stuff I missed, but I had to share what a fantastic day I had, not just as a test ride, but a really fun ride!!
Torq-Locker P-500 mountain torture test.mp4
Thanks for the great video and review! I noticed you still need a Chooglin Box. ;-)

G

Gassygordo

Oct 16, 2017
Fillmore, NY
Ownership

1. 500
I got a great reply!

HI Gordon,

We are in the last stages of production, I'll add you to our email notification list! We will let you know ASAP!

On Sun, Jun 17, 2018 at 6:27 AM, Aussie Locker By Torq Masters <[email protected]> wrote:
Submitted on Sunday, June 17, 2018 - 3:27am

Submitted by anonymous user: [74.65.27.160]

Submitted values are:

Name Gordon Rakoska
Phone 5855678423
Email [email protected]
OK, I'm ready to order! Get that locker for the Honda Pioneer into production! The one review so far is good enough for me! Thanks, Gordon Rakoska
The results of this submission may be viewed at:

https://www.torqmasters.com/node/61/submission/2224

--
Cora Jokinen
Torq-Masters Industries Inc.
www.TorqMasters.com
Office: 585-723-1489

X

XEPOBO

Takemymoney

jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nice. I put about 20 miles on mine yesterday on everything from super soft soil to hard pack roads. Left it in 4wd the entire time even if I didn’t need it and the locker worked flawlessly! Still have yet to hit the deep mud holes but that’s tonight after work hopefully! Super impressed with the little locker and I have to once again thank Torq Master for stepping up! You guys are going to love what this does for your machine.

You guys without power steering, I did a quick test with mine unplugged and it’s not too bad but I only drove around for a few minutes. I’ll make sure to get some good seat time that way to give you guys an accurate report.

X

XEPOBO

Well, based on this thread (and many others), I just pulled the trigger and ordered myself a 2018 Pioneer 500 from my local dealer. Should be delivered over July 4th weekend.

I love the community you guys (and gals) have build here and look forward to contributing any way I can. Thanks again for your informative (and always friendly and helpful) posts.

PS: I just got a reply from Torq-Masters that I am on the waiting list for the locker.. :)

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I think the projected price was something like $420.00 or so if i remember right, but now that they are about to be put into production i dont know if that is still gonna be the price.
I was wondering if that was still the price oh well we'll know soon enough I guess.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Well, based on this thread (and many others), I just pulled the trigger and ordered myself a 2018 Pioneer 500 from my local dealer. Should be delivered over July 4th weekend.

I love the community you guys (and gals) have build here and look forward to contributing any way I can. Thanks again for your informative (and always friendly and helpful) posts.

PS: I just got a reply from Torq-Masters that I am on the waiting list for the locker.. :)
Welcome to the forum! and here's some great news for everyone...... the first batch of P500 TORQ-Lockers have been approved for heat treating as of TODAY!!!! I wonder how many people are on the waiting list!? I hope it's a BUNCH!

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I noticed that to :)

I think he has all of his valving in that area though , for his air ride !
After all the grief I got from you guys about removing the ahhh...cup holder;) on the drivers side for all my valving, there was no way I was gonna wreck the 'choog-box' space! I even re-located my air compressor to clear that area! I've been hoping you would make a water-proof box, but mostly I've been too ate-up with the locker, steering, control arm, air suspension stuff to even think about anything else! But now that you mention it...:D

C

Chooglin

Welcome to the forum! and here's some great news for everyone...... the first batch of P500 TORQ-Lockers have been approved for heat treating as of TODAY!!!! I wonder how many people are on the waiting list!? I hope it's a BUNCH!
I also hope they sell a bunch of the lockers , I just hope I get one from this first batch :)

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for stealing this forum for just a minute but my brother my son and friend and myself will be going to ride royal blue on the 20th through the 24th and we would like to know if anybody else going to ride royal blue that has been there before we have never been there and would like to ride with somebody that knows his way around, will be arriving there sometime Wednesday afternoon and leaving Sunday if somebody's going please let us know we'll be there Wednesday.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for stealing this forum for just a minute but my brother my son and friend and myself will be going to ride royal blue on the 20th through the 24th and we would like to know if anybody else going to ride royal blue that has been there before we have never been there and would like to ride with somebody that knows his way around, will be arriving there sometime Wednesday afternoon and leaving Sunday if somebody's going please let us know we'll be there Wednesday.
I haven't been to royal blue, but I wish I could go!:)

C

Chooglin

You should be one of the first! You're the one that started all this!
I just have this fear that Torq-masters may have under estimated how badly this is wanted and didn't make enough to cover the demand.

I realize they will be making more but I really wanted this installed when I go down to Hatfield Mcoy's next month.

It's not the end of the world if I miss out on the first batch , I can wait :(. I know this much , when they are available, I will be hitting the buy button that day :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!