P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Notre-Dame de la Salette, Qc, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Come on Mr Postman, don't let me hanging!!!

IMG 2049 IMG 2049

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
Now get to work :)
OK all done and rebuilt. I give myself 9/10. The locker operates has it should however I must have kinked the 4WD sensor cable or something. If I place the lever in 2WD, it still shows 4WD in the display. So I jacked up front and rear. In 2WD, only traction is sent to the rear and in 4WD, traction is sent to all 4. I can't think of a reason that the fact that the display is stuck in 4WD would have any adverse effect? Feedback anyone?

Reactions: Mudder and Chooglin
J

jmcampbell54

Feb 3, 2018
Texas
Is it pushed all the way in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C

Chooglin

OK all done and rebuilt. I give myself 9/10. The locker operates has it should however I must have kinked the 4WD sensor cable or something. If I place the lever in 2WD, it still shows 4WD in the display. So I jacked up front and rear. In 2WD, only traction is sent to the rear and in 4WD, traction is sent to all 4. I can't think of a reason that the fact that the display is stuck in 4WD would have any adverse effect? Feedback anyone?
I would remove the clutch arm cover and make sure it is in fact returning to 2WD. Did you remember to put the spring back on the cable ? It could be that the arm has moved enough to disengage the 4wd but not enough to turn off the 2wd/4wd indicator

Seg

Seg

Feb 18, 2016
Ownership

1. 500
I would remove the clutch arm cover and make sure it is in fact returning to 2WD. Did you remember to put the spring back on the cable ?
I'll do that (well tomorrow I'm done for the night) and yes the spring is there. The lever works and disengage 4WD based on my test when I jacked up the front and rear...

C

Chooglin

I'll do that and yes the spring is there. The lever works and disengage 4WD based on my test when I jacked up the front and rear...
Added a little more info/edit to my post

C

cardenas5810

Jul 11, 2018
US
Just installed my locker. I notice the front end clicks everytime i make a turn while on 4wd. Thats normal correct?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!