P500 Who wants a diff. Lock ?

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I have the final, finished, edited ready to be shipped with your lockers, 'official' ;) install manual that I now have permission to post as a pdf file for everyone to download. Should I post it here, or in the new thread that @Chooglin started? And I also received confirmation that the new Torq-Lockers will definitely start shipping next week! :) How many of you are gonna be installing a locker on July 4th!?:D

Last edited:
C

Chooglin

I have the final, finished, edited ready to be shipped with your lockers, 'official' ;) install manual that I now have permission to post as a pdf file for everyone to download. Should I post it here, or in the new thread that @Chooglin started? And I also received confirmation that the new Torq-Lockers will definitely start shipping next week! :)
I would say in the new thread. This thread will have run its course after the release of the locker !

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I have the final, finished, edited ready to be shipped with your lockers, 'official' ;) install manual that I now have permission to post as a pdf file for everyone to download. Should I post it here, or in the new thread that @Chooglin started? And I also received confirmation that the new Torq-Lockers will definitely start shipping next week! :) How many of you are gonna be installing a locker on July 4th!?:D
I have an easy answer. Both threads:)

Attachments

• TL-HONDA - FINAL 6-28-18.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 624
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'll have it ordered as soon as I hear it's available..... install will have to wait till end of the month.....work sure gets in the way of fun o_O

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JWB
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
You have went above and beyond @JWB . Thank you sir
Thank you for that! It makes all the effort worth while! I will do a video on how it functions using that P700 diff I have when I get the heat treated locker. I fiddled with the first one for a while when I got it, and when you actually see how close and critical the machining, clearances, the ramp angles, the shape of the cam, the spring tension, have to be for this thing to work as well as it does.... damn! I have a great appreciation for these kinda things, and the people who come up with them....WOW! There is nothing simple about these lockers, or the people who make them!

Last edited:
JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
I’ve had an Aussie locker in the rear of my Jeep for 30,000 miles and if power is on locked no or light power ratchet. My Jeep will teeter totter in 2 wd so they work. But they also ratchet under no load around corners but step on the gas and you will know it works because you will have to turn the wheel to compensate for it.
How touchy is it? When on the road do you have to be really careful making turns- like making a turn through an intersection in the rain for instance?

Yota87

Yota87

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2017
Ga
Ownership

1. 500
I know I would be installing mine if I got it that soon...... I just wanted to thank everybody for all the useful info you all have been posting here.... I get on here daily and it’s just awesome what everyone is doing here..... thanks again everyone.

TeamCheap

TeamCheap

Mar 10, 2018
southeast michigan
Ownership

1. 500

2. Other Brand
I'm hoping/planning on having mine installed before 7/15 that is when we'll be back up at the shack-in-the-woods, we are going today soon mostly to mow the weeds down but I want to get a short 2-3 hour ride in sunday morning.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
jay_man81

jay_man81

Lifetime Member
Oct 30, 2016
Central Pa
www.facebook.com
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@JWB awesome install manual! I’m just a self taught hillbilly mechanic who know’s how stuff works enough to take it apart and put back together, usually correctly...lol, but I don’t know all the technical mumbojumbo like you do!

You did a fantastic job and explained how the locker works much better than I did.

Say...if I’m ever able to go full time with AMR would you be interested in a full time position...lol.

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
@JWB awesome install manual! I’m just a self taught hillbilly mechanic who know’s how stuff works enough to take it apart and put back together, usually correctly...lol, but I don’t know all the technical mumbojumbo like you do!

You did a fantastic job and explained how the locker works much better than I did.

Say...if I’m ever able to go full time with AMR would you be interested in a full time position...lol.
Don't tease me like that man!!! I'd be there in a heart-beat!! Again, I Thank you for the praise!

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for taking the time to record three wheel action for video use prior to installing the locker, that shows some great forethought on your part! Also, thanks for the bit where you unplug the power steering, that helps.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!