Who's buying the Pioneer 1000-6 CREW?

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Front seats didn’t feel any heat so those are good. I think after reading this review and the other two owners who mentioned they had no heat issues that maybe there is something missing or something going on with my rig.

B06485F1 D43B 471F 85F5 1956A7B190DB

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So we picked up our 1000-6 today and brought her home! My wife, 2 kids and in-laws just got back from a ride to look at Christmas lights. All went well except for the 2nd row passengers. The heat coming from the back after about 10 minutes was extremely hot. So hot you couldn’t hold your hand on the back plastic piece where the seat is for more than a few seconds without it burning. Needless to say we had to cut our ride short and my wife is less than pleased. My son has red marks on his backside from the heat, he is only 2 so didn’t really say he was hot but my wife picked him up and she said his pants were hotter than coming out of the dryer. Hard to believe they would not put some kind of heat shield in this area.
So what are some solutions?

At this point we won’t be using the 2nd row until it’s resolved. It is really unusable as hot as it gets. Now for reference I ride on tractors all day with the trans heating up right under my butt and it doesn’t get as hot as this 2nd row seat.
Get a hold of @trigger, he's got a heat shield that works for the P1-3 & P1-5. It's real simple and easy to install. Bet he got one in the works for the P1-6.

Reactions: TxDoc and trigger
C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Get a hold of @trigger, he's got a heat shield that works for the P1-3 & P1-5. It's real simple and easy to install. Bet he got one in the works for the P1-6.
I have reached out to him but he said he doesn’t have anything Right now. His setup will only work for the front seats

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I took Some readings this morning.
Pic 1 at 9:06am starting out temp about 1 minute after startup. 84.4 degrees F
Pic 2 at 9:14am after some varied speed driving no faster than 20 mph. 99.3 degrees F
Pic 3 at 9:21am and in 7 minutes again at varied speeds not going over 35 mph results in 118.8 degrees F

How does this pass QC…

2AB45F3A 6A07 42BB 8C89 D731A39151CF 9B4F36B1 8831 4D1C A7EA D9B27BA7A7DC 2DA374C4 1B5A 4C60 B7C8 8B55CBF4CF05

Jankyeye

Jankyeye

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2021
Tampa, Fl.
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
A bilge/ radiator fan like what 3/5 seater do will probably make a big difference. One of the first things I did to mine. You can also make a heat shield from foiled bubble wrap stuff like what’s used in car window screens.

F593D593 C7A6 41E1 A4D0 1D31BC16706A

H

HondaTech

I've got a shield for the front seating area that'll help with the heat, nothing for the back yet.

After having one of these apart, your "front" shield for the 3/5 seater should work on the rear of the 6 seater. But the 2022 has alot more going on under the seat than the 2021 and down. As long as the "front" shield fits 2022s it should work on the rear of the 6.

Similar to the Talon X4 they just added a middle section to the chassis and the rear seat is built like the front seat area of a 3/5 seater.

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
After having one of these apart, your "front" shield for the 3/5 seater should work on the rear of the 6 seater. But the 2022 has alot more going on under the seat than the 2021 and down. As long as the "front" shield fits 2022s it should work on the rear of the 6.

Similar to the Talon X4 they just added a middle section to the chassis and the rear seat is built like the front seat area of a 3/5 seater.
Thanks I think I’m gonna try it out

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How does this pass QC…

I've gotta think there's nothing wrong or missing from your 1000-6 back seat, I think it probably "is what it is" and it's going to be a problem for you guys in hot climates.

The other post you quoted is talking about running around in 48 degrees. That's a whole different world when it comes to getting cooler air around that engine.

As far as I can recall, you're the first Florida guy reporting in on his 1000-6 here. I wouldn't be surprised to see more chiming in with the same complaint going forward.

You may be in the same boat as the rest of the Deep South boys here on the forum, doing all kinds of mods to mitigate heat (rubber mats or heat reflecting material under the seat, bilge fans blowing on the header, etc.)

advertisement
2023pioneercrew6

2023pioneercrew6

Nov 28, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
The area circled is the hottest area and even after 1.5 hours of sitting is still warm to the touch. Nothing but a very thin piece of plastic…
I've gotta think there's nothing wrong or missing from your 1000-6 back seat, I think it probably "is what it is" and it's going to be a problem for you guys in hot climates.

The other post you quoted is talking about running around in 48 degrees. That's a whole different world when it comes to getting cooler air around that engine.

As far as I can recall, you're the first Florida guy reporting in on his 1000-6 here. I wouldn't be surprised to see more chiming in with the same complaint going forward.

You may be in the same boat as the rest of the Deep South boys here on the forum, doing all kinds of mods to mitigate heat (rubber mats or heat reflecting material under the seat, bilge fans blowing on the header, etc.)
OK, just to actually test this I finally took it out with all the kids and wife tonight for about a 20 minute ride. Varied speeds, up to 30mph - got back home and the middle back seat plastic was warm but definitely NOT “burn your back” status. It’s 62 degrees out. 🤷🏻‍♂

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
So we picked up our 1000-6 today and brought her home! My wife, 2 kids and in-laws just got back from a ride to look at Christmas lights. All went well except for the 2nd row passengers. The heat coming from the back after about 10 minutes was extremely hot. So hot you couldn’t hold your hand on the back plastic piece where the seat is for more than a few seconds without it burning. Needless to say we had to cut our ride short and my wife is less than pleased. My son has red marks on his backside from the heat, he is only 2 so didn’t really say he was hot but my wife picked him up and she said his pants were hotter than coming out of the dryer. Hard to believe they would not put some kind of heat shield in this area.
So what are some solutions?

At this point we won’t be using the 2nd row until it’s resolved. It is really unusable as hot as it gets. Now for reference I ride on tractors all day with the trans heating up right under my butt and it doesn’t get as hot as this 2nd row seat.
You had your two year old sitting on the bare seat and not in a car seat?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Hmmm, you've got me wondering now. I haven't seen the rear seat layout for the 6. Do the seats still flip or are they fixed?

H

HondaTech

Hmmm, you've got me wondering now. I haven't seen the rear seat layout for the 6. Do the seats still flip or are they fixed?

The rear seat of the 6 seat is pretty much a front seat of 3/5 seater.

They took the front seat of the 3/5 seater pushed it back and put another front seat between the dash and the orignal rear.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smittyp
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!