Who's buying the Pioneer 1000-6 CREW?

H

HondaTech

Speaking of roofs… any word if there will have to be a roof redesign for the 1000-6? or will A 1000-5 roof work? Saw a youtube of a dealer saying he put a factory 1000-5 Honda roof on a 1000-6.

The rear clamps most likely won't line up, the bar on the 6 seater is different. I haven't tried it myself, id like to see how close it is.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
The rear clamps most likely won't line up, the bar on the 6 seater is different. I haven't tried it myself, id like to see how close it is.
10 4 I guess I will have to wait a while for a roof option. Anyone know if so one makes like a spider shade type cover for the pioneer?

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Ok...clarification on the flip windshield...

I just went out and checked it myself. It'll bolt up just fine, but the 1k6 OEM roof hangs over a lot more than the others, and the windshield will sit against the roof in the fully open position. It wouldn't bother me, but I'd suspect over time it would probably wear scratches into the windshield where its contacting the roof. There is going to be a redesign in the works, but it'll be a few months probably.

Fold down, full, glass, and half windshields will still bolt up like normal.

The winch mount and rear bumpers have also been confirmed for a positive fitment.
Clarification on the linked bumper

Under description it says no drilling required. However the instructions state drilling is required. Which one is accurate?

Reactions: TxDoc and JenElio
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
10 4 I guess I will have to wait a while for a roof option. Anyone know if so one makes like a spider shade type cover for the pioneer?
Don't know what a spider shade cover is, but if you're looking for a temp roof cover the Alien Shade roof should work on the P1K6. It's held with bunggies

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Don't know what a spider shade cover is, but if you're looking for a temp roof cover the Alien Shade roof should work on the P1K6. It's held with bunggies
Alien Shade and spider shade are basically the same thing. I just have a spider shade on my Jeep Wrangler TJ so just used it as an example.I did not look at Alien Shade but I will check them out.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Speaking of roofs… any word if there will have to be a roof redesign for the 1000-6? or will A 1000-5 roof work? Saw a youtube of a dealer saying he put a factory 1000-5 Honda roof on a 1000-6.
Not sure on a date, but I know we have it scanned for one. I didn't make it out in the shop today, but it done being scanned and prepped for try-ons. I'll find out later this week on that roof.

advertisement
I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I have the 2023 6 seater. I bought the SATV tilt out windshield and the Honda Pioneer winch kit.

The windshield fits after a little trimming of the factory roof. I also had to move the roof mounting clamps a little, but nothing major.

There are some issues with the factory side mirror mounts as well but I’m trying to find a happy medium for those that doesn’t hit the windshield.

The winch kit doesn’t fit the new Pioneer. It looks like the radiator shroud is bigger on this model.

I had to remove the solenoid and the winch seems to sit very low in the bumper.

The rope has to go up a at least a 45 degree angle to get through and out the fairlead.

Also I can’t locate the ignition wire plug assembly for the jumper the kit comes with. Not sure if that’s different this year or not so I will just splice into a wire.

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I have the 2023 6 seater. I bought the SATV tilt out windshield and the Honda Pioneer winch kit.

The windshield fits after a little trimming of the factory roof. I also had to move the roof mounting clamps a little, but nothing major.

There are some issues with the factory side mirror mounts as well but I’m trying to find a happy medium for those that doesn’t hit the windshield.

The winch kit doesn’t fit the new Pioneer. It looks like the radiator shroud is bigger on this model.

I had to remove the solenoid and the winch seems to sit very low in the bumper.

The rope has to go up a at least a 45 degree angle to get through and out the fairlead.

Also I can’t locate the ignition wire plug assembly for the jumper the kit comes with. Not sure if that’s different this year or not so I will just splice into a wire.
Do you have any pics of where the side mirror mounts obstruct the windshield?

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I’ll try and get some this weekend. The machine is up at my camp right now.
The OEM side mirrors mount with brackets. The passenger side roll cage has a built in handle that seems to limit placement of the mirror. In some spots it will hit the windshield.
I just haven’t had time to find the sweet spot for it yet that doesn’t interfere with the window or the hand hold.
I don’t think it will be a problem, but not 100% sure yet. Right now I can’t put the mirrors where o want them.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
So my rig just showed up at the dealership! Any more info on parts that fit @SuperATV!?!?
Picking mine up tomorrow. Any more info on parts that fit @SuperATV!?!?
Looks like all the windshields (besides REAR) work. Rear bumper, winch mount, and snow plow mounts are all supposed to fit too. Still waiting for more confirmations.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Hurry the f*** up!
chris-pratt-andy.gif

🤣 🤣 🤣

2023pioneercrew6

2023pioneercrew6

Nov 28, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
I appreciate the feedback as well as the tip!
Now all I have to decide about is waiting for the glass tilt out from Hardcabs -Side by side, or going with the SATV tilt out lexan.

I’ve ordered the factory hard top and back panel/window, as well as the front bumper, skid plates, and axel brush guards.
Thats all for now. Dealer says parts are in, just waiting on the Honda.
Let us know how the back panel works - definitely looking at getting that due to the whole “vortex” of wind when you just have the front windshield

2023pioneercrew6

2023pioneercrew6

Nov 28, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
What exactly did you guys not like about the OEM windshield? Did it let in dust? Also It looks like a pain to open with the manual lever and it looks as if it doesn‘t open fully like the superATV one?

Reactions: TxDoc
I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Let us know how the back panel works - definitely looking at getting that due to the whole “vortex” of wind when you just have the front windshield
I really like the back window set up. Looks good and fits great. With the dealer discounting it 15% and installing it I feel it was a good buy.
I kind of wish I bought the OEM windshield because the SATV one really shakes and wiggles when it’s partially opened and your driving faster than 15mph. It opens easy with the single
latch in the center, but it seems like the OEM is more solid with the 2 latches.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I really like the back window set up. Looks good and fits great. With the dealer discounting it 15% and installing it I feel it was a good buy.
I kind of wish I bought the OEM windshield because the SATV one really shakes and wiggles when it’s partially opened and your driving faster than 15mph. It opens easy with the single
latch in the center, but it seems like the OEM is more solid with the 2 latches.
I'm really interested where you P1-6 owners are going to go with these machines, the air flow will be totally different for dust control. I'll keep a watch on this.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!