Who's buying the Pioneer 1000-6 CREW?

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
All windshields will fit!

There's a note saying the windshield won't work with the OEM roof, BUT...........I'm like 99% sure its just because the dealers often install the roof brackets incorrectly. We've seen that here in the forum a few times.
Ok so I have a windshield in my cart, what else can I put in their!? Would really like to get the tinted clear roof….

The update is much appreciated1

Bullosc

Bullosc

Aug 29, 2022
Las Vegas NV
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew

2. Talon X4 LV
I started in on some enhancement. Dual battery, isolator, stinger relay, HF winch, KFI winch mount, dual volt meter. I opted to not do a fuse block like so many. I knew I was going to use relays for lights and other electrical add-ons, so I just bought relays that have fuses in them. I bent a piece of kydex and made somewhat of a firewall to screw relays and inline fuses to. You can see it on the passenger side beyond the dual battery location...a few holes in the bottom and ready for more relays. I wired the red bus bar to the stinger relay, stinger relay is triggered by the ignition factory pre-wire on the drivers side. Stinger relay on passenger side along with a negative bus bar. Positive bus bar on my make-shift firewall. Winch wiring all on the drivers side. I'm trying to decide on lights. I like the idea of a couple 6" round KC style lights in the center, top of the bumper. I'd use riv-nuts to attach. I've had light bars up high on the a-pillars; they become tree hooks at my ranch, just trying to think of an alternative to the light bar. I could put a 10-12" light bar above the winch, bolted to the bottom of that center bumper area...open to ideas. Oh, also added shackle brackets and shackles.

Bumper
Left under hood
Right under hood

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I started in on some enhancement. Dual battery, isolator, stinger relay, HF winch, KFI winch mount, dual volt meter. I opted to not do a fuse block like so many. I knew I was going to use relays for lights and other electrical add-ons, so I just bought relays that have fuses in them. I bent a piece of kydex and made somewhat of a firewall to screw relays and inline fuses to. You can see it on the passenger side beyond the dual battery location...a few holes in the bottom and ready for more relays. I wired the red bus bar to the stinger relay, stinger relay is triggered by the ignition factory pre-wire on the drivers side. Stinger relay on passenger side along with a negative bus bar. Positive bus bar on my make-shift firewall. Winch wiring all on the drivers side. I'm trying to decide on lights. I like the idea of a couple 6" round KC style lights in the center, top of the bumper. I'd use riv-nuts to attach. I've had light bars up high on the a-pillars; they become tree hooks at my ranch, just trying to think of an alternative to the light bar. I could put a 10-12" light bar above the winch, bolted to the bottom of that center bumper area...open to ideas. Oh, also added shackle brackets and shackles.

View attachment 363339View attachment 363340View attachment 363341
Looks good.

I'm not too familiar with the new bumpers/dimension but if it doesn't block too much air flow, looks like you could probably put a 10" bar over the wench (bottom of upper bumper section) and a 20" on top of the bumper 🤷‍♂️

I have a similar set up and it's pretty bright for being the slim bars.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Ok so I have a windshield in my cart, what else can I put in their!? Would really like to get the tinted clear roof….

The update is much appreciated1
Ok...clarification on the flip windshield...

I just went out and checked it myself. It'll bolt up just fine, but the 1k6 OEM roof hangs over a lot more than the others, and the windshield will sit against the roof in the fully open position. It wouldn't bother me, but I'd suspect over time it would probably wear scratches into the windshield where its contacting the roof. There is going to be a redesign in the works, but it'll be a few months probably.

Fold down, full, glass, and half windshields will still bolt up like normal.

The winch mount and rear bumpers have also been confirmed for a positive fitment.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I just went out and checked it myself. It'll bolt up just fine, but the 1k6 OEM roof hangs over a lot more than the others, and the windshield will sit against the roof in the fully open position. It wouldn't bother me, but I'd suspect over time it would probably wear scratches into the windshield where its contacting the roof. There is going to be a redesign in the works, but it'll be a few months probably.

The winch mount and rear bumpers have also been confirmed for a positive fitment.
Easy to trim the roof too.

advertisement
I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

Well poop, I just picked up my 1000-6 today and already have the SATV flip up windshield and winch waiting to put on.

It’s not opened yet, should I return it and wait for the updated design?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well poop, I just picked up my 1000-6 today and already have the SATV flip up windshield and winch waiting to put on.

It’s not opened yet, should I return it and wait for the updated design?
You might be waiting months............If you're the least handy with some regular shop tools I would just trim what ever overhang is "in the way" and enjoy.

When I chopped my top I moved the brackets on my SATV windshield a bit to better my line of sight. This caused me to trim my OEM roof line a bit also, not hard at all and you would never notice unless I pointed out.

My 2 cents....

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
You might be waiting months............If you're the least handy with some regular shop tools I would just trim what ever overhang is "in the way" and enjoy.

When I chopped my top I moved the brackets on my SATV windshield a bit to better my line of sight. This caused me to trim my OEM roof line a bit also, not hard at all and you would never notice unless I pointed out.

My 2 cents....
I second that, trim a little material off the roof and you will never even notice it.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

My 2 cents....

I second that, trim a little material off the roof and you will never even notice it.
X3

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Just like all the boys above....you're good to go. Slap it on there, and you can decide if and how much you want to trim off of that roof.
Speaking of roofs… any word if there will have to be a roof redesign for the 1000-6? or will A 1000-5 roof work? Saw a youtube of a dealer saying he put a factory 1000-5 Honda roof on a 1000-6.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Speaking of roofs… any word if there will have to be a roof redesign for the 1000-6? or will A 1000-5 roof work? Saw a youtube of a dealer saying he put a factory 1000-5 Honda roof on a 1000-6.
They are different part numbers.

Reactions: TxDoc and Smitty335
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!