Who's buying the Pioneer 1000-6 CREW?

I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I'm really interested where you P1-6 owners are going to go with these machines, the air flow will be totally different for dust control. I'll keep a watch on this.
I use it at my hunting camp in south Alabama. No mountains but we do have that red clay mud that can be a pain in the ass.
Equal mix of black top and dirt road travel because the 7000 acre lease is spread out some.
The machine is a tremendously better than my old Polaris, in every measurable aspect.

Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4 LV
Trying to talk my neighbor into one instead of a Polaris Ranger XP.
Don’t forget to mention the bus driver uniform with vest..🤣

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Lucky he didn't lose that one with 0 miles on it by the looks of the trailer and the way he's got it tied down?
He's likely hauled 700-800 cars all over the midwest on that trailer since I've known him. Never lost one that I'm aware of.

But ... not my circus, not my monkeys! 😄

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So we picked up our 1000-6 today and brought her home! My wife, 2 kids and in-laws just got back from a ride to look at Christmas lights. All went well except for the 2nd row passengers. The heat coming from the back after about 10 minutes was extremely hot. So hot you couldn’t hold your hand on the back plastic piece where the seat is for more than a few seconds without it burning. Needless to say we had to cut our ride short and my wife is less than pleased. My son has red marks on his backside from the heat, he is only 2 so didn’t really say he was hot but my wife picked him up and she said his pants were hotter than coming out of the dryer. Hard to believe they would not put some kind of heat shield in this area.
So what are some solutions?

At this point we won’t be using the 2nd row until it’s resolved. It is really unusable as hot as it gets. Now for reference I ride on tractors all day with the trans heating up right under my butt and it doesn’t get as hot as this 2nd row seat.

advertisement
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So we picked up our 1000-6 today and brought her home! My wife, 2 kids and in-laws just got back from a ride to look at Christmas lights. All went well except for the 2nd row passengers. The heat coming from the back after about 10 minutes was extremely hot. So hot you couldn’t hold your hand on the back plastic piece where the seat is for more than a few seconds without it burning. Needless to say we had to cut our ride short and my wife is less than pleased. My son has red marks on his backside from the heat, he is only 2 so didn’t really say he was hot but my wife picked him up and she said his pants were hotter than coming out of the dryer. Hard to believe they would not put some kind of heat shield in this area.

At this point we won’t be using the 2nd row until it’s resolved. It is really unusable as hot as it gets. Now for reference I ride on tractors all day with the trans heating up right under my butt and it doesn’t get as hot as this 2nd row seat.
I’ll give you $12,069.69 for that crazy hot JAH sob

I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

There is supposed to be an inspection cover under the middle of the back seat. Make sure it’s in place is the only thing I can think of. I had my son and daughter in the back seat for a few long runs the other day and neither mentioned anything about heat.
Sounds like some heat shielding is missing.

2023pioneercrew6

2023pioneercrew6

Nov 28, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew

X2 on the inspection cover being positioned correctly. Took mine out for 30 minutes the other day with all 6 seats filled - no complaints of heat.

C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
So as far as I can see there isn’t anything except a thin piece of plastic. Nothing resembling a heat shield. Am I missing a heat shield?

8DA940B2 28A1 4DD9 91B8 B5B5816F0DCA 457BC613 380E 4FFD AE89 C989F1303ED9 422342A4 B4E5 44B6 A67E 54E6A826F5E8

Reactions: TxDoc and Backwoods
C

Chucker06

Oct 23, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
The area circled is the hottest area and even after 1.5 hours of sitting is still warm to the touch. Nothing but a very thin piece of plastic…

1FC03947 A032 43BF B147 9F7A5FC6F358

Reactions: TxDoc and Backwoods
I

Irishwhip

Sep 3, 2022
Florida
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
No, I looks just like mine. I used the term heat shield a little to optimistically. It’s just an inspection cover.

Reactions: Backwoods
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!