Future Who's ready for the 2018 HONDA TALON SPORT SxS?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I'm in the same boat as many others... I'm really wanting a Honda sxs like the P-1000.. but I am trying to hold off and see if they will release any info on the sport sxs. There is bound to be someone on here that knows some sort of a timeline on when they will release information on their Honda sport sxs
The big if, based upon historical SXS model announcments is IF a sport oriented model is announced it will likely either be in April or November via the dealer redline. At this time nothing has indicated Honda is ready to let slip the dogs of war on the competition. But we can always hope they decide to do so soon.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Who remembers this, maybe the Talon will be unveiled the same way.

80Baja1000

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
and what popo owners will tasteView attachment 37261

They have one of those septic trucks running around here that has a picture of Tigger on the back , looking all goofy and it says ' where's pooh'? Guess you have to have a sense of humor to do that job.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I never like to rain on someone's parade, but...
I found this.

"Honda Power Products is a household name in power tools industry. Backed by a wealth of experience you’re guaranteed a value-for-money purchase – which is why they are a preferred partner of Talon Tools. We have specifically partnered with Honda on their exceptional generator and generator/welder combos."

It's possible that the Honda Talon 1000 is a generator.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I found this.

"Honda Power Products is a household name in power tools industry. Backed by a wealth of experience you’re guaranteed a value-for-money purchase – which is why they are a preferred partner of Talon Tools. We have specifically partnered with Honda on their exceptional generator and generator/welder combos."

Heck, Talon could be a food processor for all we know. But whatever an as yet unannounced sport sxs is called, I sure would like to see it.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I found this.

Like this one?
Images

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
looks like the 700
down load the patent document, there has been a lot of confusion when looking and new patents Honda releases?
we have noticed that they are just using the image as a go by so they wont release the new image of the sxs. the image you see has bucket seat set up. if you look through the document the suspension and the frame is completely different from the 700 and 1000. they are using a similar suspension set up to the maverick x3, rzr 1000, and they Yamaha yxz 1000.

chancesemar89

chancesemar89

Apr 3, 2014
louisiana
well at the end of last year Honda released a patent showing us the rear end and some of the plastics and cage. so what I did was take that patent drawing and the new patent of the suspension and put them together. take a look guys and tell us what you think

H1

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well, ran across this bit of info, not sure if it is April fools or not. Let's hope not, there has been some serious testing with the as yet unannounced sport model to be offered a turbo kit as an "official" accessory developed by a third party and Honda tested and approved. If released can be had through your Honda dealer, sounds far fetched but Honda teamed up with FOX to get the suspension upped for the P1K. I little bit of smudging went in the below pic, don't want the third party getting any flak. Hoping to know the truth on April 18th, guesstimated date for new Redline info on 2018 SxS models.

SxS Turbo Kit

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
With long travel 3-link, Fox, and 5point harness bucket seats....

Actually if you can read through the garbledegook, is specifically refers to the one box type suspension as a 5 link setup, ala Maverick X3 - 20" of suspension travel possible on a 64" wide machine :{ )

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
hey everybody and Honda sxs community - I have PDF of a new frame assembly.... this is gonna be good guys.

So what kind of chassis do you attach that 5 link suspension setup to covered in the patent?
Maybe one like this.......
SxS Chassis

Here is the shock that fits it.
25 podium rc2 58 front rear

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!