CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Printing money, borrowing money, and spending money you don't have is not "trying to control inflation". On the contrary - they are trying to destroy our economy and the nation as we know it. It's part of thier long term plan to "fundamentally change this country".
Yep. :mad: Sounds implausible but that's exactly what the leftist MFers want to happen. Elections matter, well, they used to. :mad:

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
You would think that whatever the problems may be, if Honda was not smart enough to figure a way around it, they would be smart enough to at least follow what the other manufacture are doing since they are producing LOTS of SxS.
For Honda, the SXS market is very low priority.

Cars, motorcycles, general purpose engines, etc, all get priority over SXS's.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I'm going out on a limb here.... maybe Honda enjoys selling every single new SxS the day it arrives at the dealership at retail or retail +$
Keeps demand up longer term, maintains the potential buyers' perception that Honda makes a superior product

Meanwhile other manufacturers are already offering thousands in incentives to move inventory...

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'm going out on a limb here.... maybe Honda enjoys selling every single new SxS the day it arrives at the dealership at retail or retail +$
Keeps demand up longer term, maintains the potential buyers' perception that Honda makes a superior product

Meanwhile other manufacturers are already offering thousands in incentives to move inventory...
That's a pretty small limb.....

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
For Honda, the SXS market is very low priority.

Cars, motorcycles, general purpose engines, etc, all get priority over SXS's.
Yeah low priority... Not like they have a factory dedicated to making them or anything like that. Definitely not a strong division for Honda. I'm sure that diversifying across multiple industries isn't part of their long term strategy. Yeah, they will eventually just shutter their powersports division due to not being able to manufacture enough machines to satisfy the overwhelming demand.

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah, they will eventually just shutter their powersports division due to not being able to manufacture enough machines to satisfy the overwhelming demand.
The SXS's are a category of the Powersports division..

And as far as "shuttering down", Honda shuttered down the whole lawn tractor division after 12 years of production in the USA, with a snap of a finger.

Last edited:
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Honda is also moving their all terrain vehicle production to the North Carolina plant (where they are discontinuing push mower production), which will then dedicate the South Carolina plant to producing side by sides only

Jerryg

Jerryg

Sep 24, 2020
NEPA
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Honda is also moving their all terrain vehicle production to the North Carolina plant (where they are discontinuing push mower production), which will then dedicate the South Carolina plant to producing side by sides only
Then problem solved, no more short supply.

They make money hand over fists building SXS's.

advertisement
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah low priority... Not like they have a factory dedicated to making them or anything like that. Definitely not a strong division for Honda. I'm sure that diversifying across multiple industries isn't part of their long term strategy. Yeah, they will eventually just shutter their powersports division due to not being able to manufacture enough machines to satisfy the overwhelming demand.
Not in our lifetime.

H

hondabob

Lifetime Member
May 14, 2013
Prescott Valley, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I expect Honda will catch up this year. The high interest rates are hurting sales plus we can count on the cost of living to get worse next year. Most all dealers here in Arizona have Talons and Pioneer's in stock, especially the black Talons. Also, it's hard to upgrade for many due to already having everything fixed with lots of accessories. Another problem is Honda side by sides will last for over 50,000 miles if maintained properly. All the guys in our riding group are in their 70's and 80's. Three of us are buying the new 2023 Talon R and I decided to buy the Talon R 4 seat, I need the extra room and will put my little Suzuki in the back seat area when I do my big solo rides. My buddy sent me this picture so I thought it would be good to share it with the forum.

Life

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The SXS's are a category of the Powersports division..

And as far as "shuttering down", Honda shuttered down the whole lawn tractor division, after 12 years of production, in the USA with a snap of a finger.
Profit margin on a lawnmower is far less than a SXS, so ...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!