P1000 Why will the throttle pedal not work

N

Natb18LE

Sep 4, 2018
Boone North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started my P 1000 and backed it out of the trailer let it idle for about five minutes and when I went to put it back in the trailer the throttle pedal would not do anything when I pushed it so I turned it off and started it back and when I pressed the throttle pedal and it started missing and the check engine light started flashing and would barely pull itself back in the trailer what is going on

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I started my P 1000 and backed it out of the trailer let it idle for about five minutes and when I went to put it back in the trailer the throttle pedal would not do anything when I pushed it so I turned it off and started it back and when I pressed the throttle pedal and it started missing and the check engine light started flashing and would barely pull itself back in the trailer what is going on
Did you have your seat belt buckled? It has a safety in it

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
What year is the P1k? How old is the gas? Have you extended the vent line for the gas tank if it sits out in the rain? Need some more info before anybody will be able to give you any solid advice or things to check for.

N

Natb18LE

Sep 4, 2018
Boone North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What year is the P1k? How old is the gas? Have you extended the vent line for the gas tank if it sits out in the rain? Need some more info before anybody will be able to give you any solid advice or things to check for.
It’s a 2018 P 1000-5 I keep it in a enclosed trailer so it stays in the dry when I backed it out of the trailer it worked perfectly and the day I put it back in is when it started missing and the throttle pedal felt funny like it did not want to push I just backed it out a few minutes ago and now it is running fine I took it to the dealer about three weeks ago to have all of the recalls done do you think that would have something to do with it

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One of the recalls was to replace the throttle assembly, so definitely could because of the fix. Maybe binding or something. I don't know what is involved to replace it but I know it only takes them a couple of minutes to do it.

Reactions: JTW
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
There was a throttle pedal service bulletin

Last edited:
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s a 2018 P 1000-5 I keep it in a enclosed trailer so it stays in the dry when I backed it out of the trailer it worked perfectly and the day I put it back in is when it started missing and the throttle pedal felt funny like it did not want to push I just backed it out a few minutes ago and now it is running fine I took it to the dealer about three weeks ago to have all of the recalls done do you think that would have something to do with it
Could the throttle be frozen?

advertisement
Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Ah, from your first description it sounded like it wouldn't run when you pressed the gas. Didn't realize it wouldn't physically move.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You have to let the oil warm up in cold weather. It is in the manual.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Could be another victim of fuel injection wire failure. @Hondasxs has sold over 300 of them, even dealers are getting them from him as the replacement can still fail again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!