P500 Why Would You Buy A P500

JWB

JWB

Lifetime Member
Oct 3, 2016
California MD
Ownership

1. 500
Well my dealer finally had a P500 set up - I am in love. Not quite ready to buy yet, but its so comfortable. This seems more comfortable than the 50" Ranger that I looked at.
View attachment 46636
Look at what you're missing!! No pressure......;) 20160925 145613 20161210 132258

Last edited:
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
P500...is a trail machine
...not a farm or ranch...one
Farm/Ranch=PoPo Ranger
Trail all around..make it your..
...own BADASS Ride= P5
Atv rack..on p5..blank canvas
to...make your own..

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Been up laplata canyon a few times. Im thinking alpine loop out of silverton to be the test run. Figure 3 days with me as the slowpoke. If all goes well then its on to Imogen and black bear. Getting the ride set up to get out of Telluride will be toughest. They dont take none to kindly to us rednecks in offroad vehicles messing around in their million dollar community.
I Whent to telluride when I was in my 20s and roud my mountain bike to the top of amogin pass 14,113ft. Now I would love tu do it on my P500.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I Whent to telluride when I was in my 20s and roud my mountain bike to the top of amogin pass 14,113ft. Now I would love tu do it on my P500.
I rode telluride , Co...years ago..
Kawie 750 Brute Force...
Where we rode was steep....
rocky...very rough riding...
Be curious to see..how the.
..p5 would... wait for it....
Conquer ..Telluride, Co

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I rode telluride , Co...years ago..
Kawie 750 Brute Force...
Where we rode was steep....
rocky...very rough riding...
Be curious to see..how the.
..p5 would... wait for it....
Conquer ..Telluride, Co
If I get the opportunity I'll let u know how easy or how meany times I had to winch asist on my way up.;):cool:

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
If I get the opportunity I'll let u know how easy or how meany times I had to winch asist on my way up.;):cool:
I never had a winch...at that time
...I do remember. .going down steep
terrain..was a b****..all ATV,s..squirrely
going down hill.... I don't miss that
...at All..
Remember. .Bro
wat you winch to get to...
is a free fall...going back down..
Be Careful. ...

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I never had a winch...at that time
...I do remember. .going down steep
terrain..was a b****..all ATV,s..squirrely
going down hill.... I don't miss that
...at All..
Remember. .Bro
wat you winch to get to...
is a free fall...going back down..
Be Careful. ...
Amen brother safety first. (most most of the time )

Reactions: rocmar
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Why would anyone buy a P5 when you could spend a little more and get a P7 with more power, wider stance, more suspension travel and carry more passengers? Or spend a little more yet and get a P1K with even more of those qualities? Seems like the 500 has been losing some of its shine lately.
Because, if either of those machines had been trying to follow my tracks today they would've gotten their ass kicked. 50" quad trails all day. Some areas opened up but a lot of them were so tight they were even beating on the P5, thought I ripped my light bar off once. These are trails that those machines wouldn't even turn into and attempt. And there were lots of them. Never realized how limited the big machines were until today. I even drove through the woods, high brush and dodging trees to get back to a creek that I just had to see...kinda sucked once I got back there and wasn't really worth it, but I got back there! Found myself riding on a bike trail at one point, got off of that one pretty quick.
So, for those that say the little 500 is under powered, too small and not enough suspension, (it has its limitations) you could say the same about any machine compared to the next step up. They can have their minimal amount of trails, I'll take mine, ride all day and never see the same trail twice. A lot less traffic too.
And don't forget...bullet proof!
View attachment 43580
More impressed with this machine every time I take it out...zero regrets.
I bought the P5 only because they were out of M1 Abrams and I wanted something that was as good as the Abrams and with the Abrams I would have had to buy a bigger trailer, fill out a lot of paper work and answer a bunch of questions.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Was going to post this on another thread but seeing as we're all over the place on this one...
Tried out the new tachometer I hooked up and it was a nice add on. Let the wife drive for a bit and she was able to shift based on the posted rpm's. Made it a more enjoyable ride for me. Found I get a pretty smooth shift every time at about 2700. Noticed in 5th gear that 2700 was about 33 mph.
Now that you have that tachometer at what RPM'S those that limiter kik in.

Reactions: rocmar and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Now that you have that tachometer at what RPM'S those that limiter kik in.

I haven't even noticed that yet. I have noticed that it idles at about 700 and the perfect shift point is at about 2000 - 2200 . I'll pay attention to it next ride and let you know. I'll bet it'll be wound out though.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
I haven't even noticed that yet. I have noticed that it idles at about 700 and the perfect shift point is at about 2000 - 2200 . I'll pay attention to it next ride and let you know. I'll bet it'll be wound out though.
Ok thanks, I think it's going to be around 6000 RPM'S.

Reactions: trigger and rocmar
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Why would you buy a P5...
Because there's a whole lot of bi*****g going on in the P1k threads about those machines. Even from some of the Honda die hard's. They obviously didn't take the time to make it bullet proof like they did it's predecessors. What really sucks is that they payed close to double what I paid for mine. Good luck guys. :(

J

JTW

Why would you buy a P5...
Because there's a whole lot of bi*****g going on in the P1k threads about those machines. Even from some of the Honda die hard's. They obviously didn't take the time to make it bullet proof like they did it's predecessors. What really sucks is that they payed close to double what I paid for mine. Good luck guys. :(
There is soooo much truth to that! It's bulls***!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!