P500 Why Would You Buy A P500

D

Deleted member 3748

Do all the Honda sxs's have the engine brake as well as being shaft driven?
There is no actual brake on the engine. Any engine with a geared transmission will have an engine brake. If you're going down a hill in 1st gear, the transmission will keep you going very slowly, 2nd gear a little faster, etc. The clutch is essentially the same thing as a brake.

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Tobacco free 11 years sept 26. Squatch don't smoke...

Good for you and roc. ;) Found that Squatch I see out the back door 20170515 191048 .

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
There is no actual brake on the engine. Any engine with a geared transmission will have an engine brake. If you're going down a hill in 1st gear, the transmission will keep you going very slowly, 2nd gear a little faster, etc. The clutch is essentially the same thing as a brake.
I know wat I meant....
think others did too...
but thanks

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good for you and roc. ;) Found that Squatch I see out the back doorView attachment 43733 .
Stone Dwarf Gigantopithicis Sworn enemy of the Blue Wood Elves and fabled ruler of all things smelling of old unwashed socks. Quickly now stop him before he steals the grill.:confused:

Last edited:
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
The 500 is great for a lot of what we do too, except for the group rides. I'm definitely going to widen it though. Keeping up with the big machines gets downright scary in the rutted turns. I was going to go with 26x9" tires all the way around so I could keep riding on the 50" trails, but now I'm thinking 26x11 tires all the way around with wheel spacers. I'll assume it will still fit on most of the 50" trails.

You're going to want to add power steering if you go with 11" tires on the front.

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Except a diesel, they have virtually no engine braking even though they have very high compression.

Off topic but most diesel trucks have an engine brake. Whether it be Jake brake, power leash or manufacturer made,
Exhaust brakes were lost for a time as most manufacturers moved away from them but they are back and stronger than ever now, with Volvo,Mack, KW/Pete and Cummins integrating them with vga turbos in their manufacturer platform.
What used to be an engine brake you couldn't feel and really only made it so a truck sounded like it was getting chased in a lost episode of Mad Max now will stop a truck on 9% grade. Personally tested on Bisti.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!