rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Man, you guys did a lot of typing after I signed off. Here's the tach I bought Al. Piston runs a different one.
Tach Hour Meter tachometer RPM display motorcycle atv dirtbike buggy outboard cr | eBay
The rear of these machines are slightly wider than the front. After putting 5+2 aftermarket wheels on, I'm at 53" in front and 53 3/4" in back. That is with 26x9 and 26x11. I haven't ran into anything that I couldn't fit through on a 50" trail yet. Only adds 1 1/2" to each side but makes a huge difference in the stability. Haven't puckered once since adding the wheels.
Sounds like some guys riding styles are changing so they're looking at bigger sxs's. Hate to see any members go to the dark side. Not much can be done about the speed or interior size but something I was considering... if you know you're going on a special ride where width isn't an issue, have some 2" spacers in the garage that you can bolt on before the ride. That should put you at 57", that's wider than a P7. Running that wide of a stance on this machine, you'd have to want to tip it over.
Seen them...thought about it...
Another green...light on your dash...
kool.
i passed....
If I could find small round one...
id...do it..

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Seen them...thought about it...
Another green...light on your dash...
kool.
i passed....
If I could find small round one...
id...do it..

It's just velcro'd in place, didn't have to cut it in or anything. No power has to be ran to it, just wrap the one wire around spark plug cable. Green light only stays on for 2 seconds when you push the button. Hard to hear the motor rev sometimes...

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, I thought the 700 was 56" and the 1000 was 60". 60" and 63", and that's stock. After bigger tires and aftermarket wheels, they definitely wouldn't fit down the trails I was on.

Just got reply..back from Troy at
Alumilite Armor....Glass windshield
...will fit..with Honda Roof...
.HeHe....waiting on a price....
add reads $790
......spendy

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, I thought the 700 was 56" and the 1000 was 60". 60" and 63", and that's stock. After bigger tires and aftermarket wheels, they definitely wouldn't fit down the trails I was on.

Wats nice is...like you said...wheel
spacers...can be added....or removed..to
cater to different trail width....
Another plus for the....UNDER VALUED
.....PIONEER 500...
LOVE IT....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It's just velcro'd in place, didn't have to cut it in or anything. No power has to be ran to it, just wrap the one wire around spark plug cable. Green light only stays on for 2 seconds when you push the button. Hard to hear the motor rev sometimes...

Found velco..replacement..it called
LOC strip..it snaps together...Velcro
...loses it grip..with lots of dust

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Wats nice is...like you said...wheel
spacers...can be added....or removed..to
cater to different trail width....
Another plus for the....UNDER VALUED
.....PIONEER 500...
LOVE IT....

Exactly! We can do all kinds of stuff to give us a wider stance but not much the big machines can do to be skinnier, except get to cuttin'. :p

advertisement
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm loyal to the P5. more so than my Kubota RTV. I cannot upgrade to anything else at this time nor have enough seat time to make any major judgements, but like I mentioned before, if I do upgrade to a larger Honda, I'd like to think I'd keep the P5 for it's other advantageous uses.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The engine brake alone is worth Honda!
Do all the Honda sxs's have the engine brake as well as being shaft driven?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

HaHa...to many speakers..bro
haha...

Reactions: trigger
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!