rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
An answer to that question will open up a can of worms. I'll just say that I have a lot of Hondas and Yamahas and love them both equally.
For where we ride....wide stance..this is perfect
UTV for this area...had no problems. ..mechanical
wise...a few things could be better...but overall...
clean air filter....change oil...& then it's all s***s
& giggles...for me

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yeah the P1K has plenty of power and top speed. If I go with a 1000 it will likely be the Honda, but if I go with a 700 then I may consider something else.

I would have to agree with that assessment of the 700. It's definitely a different breed in the Honda. If your coming from a P5 it might not wow you over as much as the difference in a P1K be it a 3 or a 5. Both nice machines. Just what suits your fancy! The P1K won me over immediately after driving the 700. Again, it all what suits your fancy and fits in your garage. Lol

D

Deleted member 3748

For where we ride....wide stance..this is perfect
UTV for this area...had no problems. ..mechanical
wise...a few things could be better...but overall...
clean air filter....change oil...& then it's all s***s
& giggles...for me
The 500 is great for a lot of what we do too, except for the group rides. I'm definitely going to widen it though. Keeping up with the big machines gets downright scary in the rutted turns. I was going to go with 26x9" tires all the way around so I could keep riding on the 50" trails, but now I'm thinking 26x11 tires all the way around with wheel spacers. I'll assume it will still fit on most of the 50" trails.

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Dealer I bought my p5 from...lived a few
doors down...let me take it for a week..
so..I put it..to the test...seen how it would
look..with better shoes & bling...BAM
....bought it..but if I was taller...
wouldn't be a fan...I don't think

I loved my P5 until reading todays posts on this thread. Living in the 4 corners area around @rocmar. I am now afraid i will run into him on the trails and my p5 wont be able to outrun the Sasquatch he wakes up. Gonna have to put nitrous on this bad boy for safety.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The 500 is great for a lot of what we do too, except for the group rides. I'm definitely going to widen it though. Keeping up with the big machines gets downright scary in the rutted turns. I was going to go with 26x9" tires all the way around so I could keep riding on the 50" trails, but now I'm thinking 26x11 tires all the way around with wheel spacers. I'll assume it will still fit on most of the 50" trails.

Hay, don't worry. I won't leave you behind because your in a P5. I always watch out for anybody in my group if they need help and slow down if they can't keep up with my big machine. It s all about being safe and having fun.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd be interested in knowing if it fit on them. I'm still on the fence over 25 vs 26"

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I'm 26x9x12....front
I'm 26x11x12...rear
2"spacers on all 4 corners...
& front =57 1/2"
& rear= 58"

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'd be interested in knowing if it fit on them. I'm still on the fence over 25 vs 26"

From what I've seen with people in the P5's I think a larger tire and or wheel spacers are a great Idea. Should help greatly in the ruts not to mention looks BA and stout.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
I loved my P5 until reading todays posts on this thread. Living in the 4 corners area around @rocmar. I am now afraid i will run into him on the trails and my p5 wont be able to outrun the Sasquatch he wakes up. Gonna have to put nitrous on this bad boy for safety.
Let's ride....
bigfoot in Colorado. ...
I been riding behind...
Farmington Lake

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Hay, don't worry. I won't leave you behind because your in a P5. I always watch out for anybody in my group if they need help and slow down if they can't keep up with my big machine. It s all about being safe and having fun.
We ride...for a few...then wait..
everybody rides...wat comfy for
them....it's all good

advertisement
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
From what I've seen with people in the P5's I think a larger tire and or wheel spacers are a great Idea. Should help greatly in the ruts not to mention looks BA and stout.
Agree...
some say...strain on hub..
or bearing...if so..
I'll replace...the more stable
machine...out weight that..
IMO

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
But will you still fit on the 50" trails? It's one of the main reasons I went with the P5. Otherwise bigger can be better in many ways...

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agree...
some say...strain on hub..
or bearing...if so..
I'll replace...the more stable
machine...out weight that..
IMO
how wide are you?

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
Let's ride....
bigfoot in Colorado. ...
I been riding behind...
Farmington Lake

Your just on the other side of town @rocmar. Im up on wildflower. Ill be out of town this coming week, but when I get back we gotta set a trip across the border and hit some of those trails. Planning a alpine loop, Imogene and black bear trip this summer. P5 gonna take some big ones off the bucket list.

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
26/11/14 on the rear. Gotten through all the measurement gates i ran into in Colorado. So far
How wide are you with those tires?

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!