rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Your just on the other side of town @rocmar. Im up on wildflower. Ill be out of town this coming week, but when I get back we gotta set a trip across the border and hit some of those trails. Planning a alpine loop, Imogene and black bear trip this summer. P5 gonna take some big ones off the bucket list.
That's alot of saddle time..bro
...mega miles in p5
= captain blue balls

Reactions: Dp5hunter
jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
I got a P500 and it's a good machine. Won't outrun the Bigfoot out my back door so it's gonna go some day for a 1000. 700-4 gets used way more here but it won't outrun Bigfoot either. He will outlast them all. :D

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Im at 53" but no spacers like rocmar's
20170504 191038
20170207 111742

it's wayyyyyyyy more stable...different ANIMAL....

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
No guts no glory. Probably end up splitting it in half, but its just one of those things that has to be done.
I rode some steep roads...covered
with 3"sharp rocks...near La Plata
canyon...was Brutal...never went back..

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No guts no glory. Probably end up splitting it in half, but its just one of those things that has to be done.
I've been eyeing Imogene with some trepidation. There are other passes too but the only way to face your fears is to face them. Have an issue with heights and sheer drop off cliffs.

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
I rode some steep roads...covered
with 3"sharp rocks...near La Plata
canyon...was Brutal...never went back..

Been up laplata canyon a few times. Im thinking alpine loop out of silverton to be the test run. Figure 3 days with me as the slowpoke. If all goes well then its on to Imogen and black bear. Getting the ride set up to get out of Telluride will be toughest. They dont take none to kindly to us rednecks in offroad vehicles messing around in their million dollar community.

advertisement
G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
I've been eyeing Immogene with some trepidation. There are other passes too but the only way to face your fears is to face them. Have an issue with heights and sheer drop off cliffs.

Watch a full YouTube vid. It looks tight in a jeep, but hopefully a P5 gives some extra room for those whiskey dents to not hurt so much

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Been up laplata canyon a few times. Im thinking alpine loop out of silverton to be the test run. Figure 3 days with me as the slowpoke. If all goes well then its on to Imogen and black bear. Getting the ride set up to get out of Telluride will be toughest. They dont take none to kindly to us rednecks in offroad vehicles messing around in their million dollar community.
That's why I don't go....
tree huggers....then the cops..
I like Drama free...Colorado
there's some good places...but
all day rides. ..kill me
I pm...you my number

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Watch a full YouTube vid. It looks tight in a jeep, but hopefully a P5 gives some extra room for those whiskey dents to not hurt so much
There's a place east of Gallup...called McGaffey...national
forest. ..primative camping...blast to ride there...

G

Grizzbut

Aug 19, 2016
New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
There's a place east of Gallup...called McGaffey...national
forest. ..primative camping...blast to ride there...

Ill contact you when i get back from Minnesota. We can set up a ride. Im sure there are many of us not near the Pioneer takeover that can still get together and have fun in areas to the west of the Mississippi, lots of good riding out here too.

Reactions: 100Acre and rocmar
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Ill contact you when i get back from Minnesota. We can set up a ride. Im sure there are many of us not near the Pioneer takeover that can still get together and have fun in areas to the west of the Mississippi, lots of good riding out here too.
Yeah...kool
I like desert...riding the best...
does your wife...ride with ya?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have not yet seen any P5 videos of any western passes. I'm hoping to make some later this summer while wheeling in Idaho and Colorado, Utah and wherever else...

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Was going to post this on another thread but seeing as we're all over the place on this one...
Tried out the new tachometer I hooked up and it was a nice add on. Let the wife drive for a bit and she was able to shift based on the posted rpm's. Made it a more enjoyable ride for me. Found I get a pretty smooth shift every time at about 2700. Noticed in 5th gear that 2700 was about 33 mph.
Tach??!! Could you post a link where I could acquire one? And an image of where you have it on the dash. I like tachs.
Al

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Man, you guys did a lot of typing after I signed off. Here's the tach I bought Al. Piston runs a different one.
Tach Hour Meter tachometer RPM display motorcycle atv dirtbike buggy outboard cr | eBay
The rear of these machines are slightly wider than the front. After putting 5+2 aftermarket wheels on, I'm at 53" in front and 53 3/4" in back. That is with 26x9 and 26x11. I haven't ran into anything that I couldn't fit through on a 50" trail yet. Only adds 1 1/2" to each side but makes a huge difference in the stability. Haven't puckered once since adding the wheels.
Sounds like some guys riding styles are changing so they're looking at bigger sxs's. Hate to see any members go to the dark side. Not much can be done about the speed or interior size but something I was considering... if you know you're going on a special ride where width isn't an issue, have some 2" spacers in the garage that you can bolt on before the ride. That should put you at 57", that's wider than a P7. Running that wide of a stance on this machine, you'd have to want to tip it over.

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Man, you guys did a lot of typing after I signed off. Here's the tach I bought Al. Piston runs a different one.
Tach Hour Meter tachometer RPM display motorcycle atv dirtbike buggy outboard cr | eBay
The rear of these machines are slightly wider than the front. After putting 5+2 aftermarket wheels on, I'm at 53" in front and 53 3/4" in back. That is with 26x9 and 26x11. I haven't ran into anything that I couldn't fit through on a 50" trail yet. Only adds 1 1/2" to each side but makes a huge difference in the stability. Haven't puckered once since adding the wheels.
Sounds like some guys riding styles are changing so they're looking at bigger sxs's. Hate to see any members go to the dark side. Not much can be done about the speed or interior size but something I was considering... if you know you're going on a special ride where width isn't an issue, have some 2" spacers in the garage that you can bolt on before the ride. That should put you at 57", that's wider than a P7. Running that wide of a stance on this machine, you'd have to want to tip it over.

Honda 700...stock specs....width 59.7"

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!