BOX1

P500 Winch Anchor?

T

Tim

Jun 8, 2015
Does anyone know of a good winch anchor? I recently got hung up out in the high desert with nothing to hook my winch to. I am looking for something relatively light and foldable. I could make something but if it already out there, why reinvent?

Reactions: Buryit
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Does anyone know of a good winch anchor? I recently got hung up out in the high desert with nothing to hook my winch to. I am looking for something relatively light and foldable. I could make something but if it already out there, why reinvent?
Pullpal

T

Tim

Jun 8, 2015
I have looked at both suggestions. They seem too big and too expensive. They both seem to be used mainly for pulling out jeeps and trucks.

Cabelas makes something called the Earth Anchor. I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this product.

The other thing I was looking at was a flute boat anchor. You can get smaller ones and they are a lot less expensive.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The boat anchor isn't going to have the strength that a winch anchor will.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have used two 2x6s with a eye bolt before. easy for sand just fan it out to a x shape and dig. cheep and light but a little redneck!! I all depends on how pretty you want to be!

Reactions: Buryit
ncred02

ncred02

Jul 16, 2015
Raleigh NC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have used two 2x6s with a eye bolt before. easy for sand just fan it out to a x shape and dig. cheep and light but a little redneck!! I all depends on how pretty you want to be!
picture?

T

Tim

Jun 8, 2015
I know the boat anchor is not as strong as the other two options. But let's face it. The machine is only a 1000#. If I bury the anchor and it does not work, I will just have to dig the machine out.

The one person said the right tool for the right job. I agree, that is why I think the other two options are overkill. They are made for full size vehicles not a P500.

I really wish the P500 had true 4 wheel drive and not just a limited slip in the front. However, for the price it is a fantastic fun machine.

M

maddmax

Feb 12, 2015
Clarksdale Ms.
Ownership

1. 500
I know the boat anchor is not as strong as the other two options. But let's face it. The machine is only a 1000#. If I bury the anchor and it does not work, I will just have to dig the machine out.

The one person said the right tool for the right job. I agree, that is why I think the other two options are overkill. They are made for full size vehicles not a P500.

I really wish the P500 had true 4 wheel drive and not just a limited slip in the front. However, for the price it is a fantastic fun machine.
I want to see a vid of them pulling one of those out of the sand after it is sunk up to the top of the rod

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!