P1000 Winch mounting question

KyRick

KyRick

Apr 23, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New member and 17' 1000-5 deluxe owner here. In the middle of mounting a KFI winch and in a bit of a hurry and little time to search on here so thought I would ask you veterans on this site. I have the winch and solenoid mounted. Now for the switches and wiring. I don't want to cut any holes in my dash and then find out it was the wrong place. Where is the best and easiest place to mount the rocker switch and remote plug?
Rick

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
New member and 17' 1000-5 deluxe owner here. In the middle of mounting a KFI winch and in a bit of a hurry and little time to search on here so thought I would ask you veterans on this site. I have the winch and solenoid mounted. Now for the switches and wiring. I don't want to cut any holes in my dash and then find out it was the wrong place. Where is the best and easiest place to mount the rocker switch and remote plug?
Rick

Remove the warning plate and pm @mystic1219

Reactions: KyRick
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rick
I mounted the rocker on the dash where the warning plate was..Winch plug under the headlight switch.

sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Rick

Http://hondasxs.com/media/albums/pioneer-1000-5-green-black-2016.176/

KyRick

KyRick

Apr 23, 2017
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
All done except for attaching the red wires for the switches. Which wire does that splice in to?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a wireless remote from Amazon/TSC and a Winch rocker from OTRATTW
Also have a wireless off Amazon (Qiorange). 15 bucks. Been on mine little over a year with zero issues. Also have plug installed for corded remote but no intentions of ever using it. Wireless is the way to go.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also have a wireless off Amazon (Qiorange). 15 bucks. Been on mine little over a year with zero issues. Also have plug installed for corded remote but no intentions of ever using it. Wireless is the way to go.

Corded was always just a couple feet too short for whatever reason.

I can also keep tension on line and spoil it in.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My quadboss came with a wireless remote..But the box plugs into the plug instead of wiring into the contactor. Gonna chop the plugin off and hardwire it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!