P500 Winch remote plug location

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Looking for recommendations / suggestions on where some of you mounted the plug for remote operation of winch where it makes the most sense. I have mounted the dash switch below the left hand cup holder where it can be actuated from the drivers seat or just outside while still able to steer.

I have thought about either mounted in or on (via small angle bracket) the Strong-Made bumper.

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I put the switch and remote plug under the driver's side cup holder. You'll be standing beside the machine when you plug the remote cord in. Handy there and not exposed to the weather etc.
20170301 151821 resized
FYI Al

Reactions: ehart814 and JTW
NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
I have been trying to decide on a location myself. I havent made up my mind on a location but was thinking out front would be best. Im interested to see what others have come up with.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016
Looking for recommendations / suggestions on where some of you mounted the plug for remote operation of winch where it makes the most sense. I have mounted the dash switch below the left hand cup holder where it can be actuated from the drivers seat or just outside while still able to steer.

I have thought about either mounted in or on (via small angle bracket) the Strong-Made bumper.

Scroll down to the bottom to see where I mounted mine. I've been very happy with the location operating it from both inside and outside the cab.

P500 - Obsessive winch install.

Reactions: AlR
Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
I put mine under the hood almost center there was a nice flat spot. Ran the cable out the side and into the cab. Lose a bit of length on the cable, but reason being is when using it for plowing it's nice to use the handheld control, and most places in the cab out of the weather face down. If you use it a lot, or while driving around, it can wiggle loose and fall off. I just leave it draped over the 4wd lever when not using it so it stays handy but out of the way at the same time.

C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hi. I just had a ProVantage 3500 installed by my dealer and I think it's supposed to come with a corded remote. Do all Warn winches greater than 2500 come with the corded remote? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
Buford

Buford

May 9, 2016
U.S.A.
Hi. I just had a ProVantage 3500 installed by my dealer and I think it's supposed to come with a corded remote. Do all Warn winches greater than 2500 come with the corded remote? Thanks!

They do come with them, but rather than a dash mounted plug in (like the ones pictured in this thread), they come with a handlebar mounted rocker switch that has the remote plug on the side of it. Your dealer probably just installed the dash mounted type rocker switch that the Honda accessory winch mount kit comes with and didn't give you the corded remote since there wasn't a place to plug it in with that set-up.

Reactions: scottf
C

CURTK

Feb 25, 2017
Central MN
Ownership

1. 500
They do come with them, but rather than a dash mounted plug in (like the ones pictured in this thread), they come with a handlebar mounted rocker switch that has the remote plug on the side of it. Your dealer probably just installed the dash mounted type rocker switch that the Honda accessory winch mount kit comes with and didn't give you the corded remote since there wasn't a place to plug it in with that set-up.

Thanks! I ordered a Warn socket 16296,hoping that will mate with the remote the dealer gave me today when I complained I didn't like the idea operating the winch in the line of fire. He gave me the multi socket/rocker switch but I would prefer the socket only. I hope the Warn socket # 16296 works.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!