P1000 Wind from shifter

CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got my soft doors on today and now all u feel is a pretty significant breeze coming from shifter holes! Got a idea but don't know how to put it in place .I thought about cutting a normal broom head in half facing the two bottoms towards eachother so shifter can slip in-between them easily and some how fastening them behind dash .thinking this may be enough to slow wind down through shifter gap .any good ideas on this

Reactions: Isaiah
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Nope, I'm in Tennessee so I'm not going to have that many days to worry about that, but I can see where you could use a solution. Maybe someone will chime in because I don't have any idea that would work very well

Reactions: Isaiah
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I've been planning to do something about that wind too.
Somewhere on here someone described removing the dash - it looked easy. I cant find it now, but thats gotta be the best way to attach something - from the front or from behind the dash.

B

Beaudu

Sep 9, 2016
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed hot air coming from the shifter holes right away, with no doors or windsheild/roof. I thought of it as a handy little hand warmer. MN problems :}

O

oldskoolbuckets

Aug 8, 2016
Colorado Springs, CO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Problem is that it will be a hand freezer in the winter. That is not air from engine compartment.

Beajay

Beajay

Jul 8, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is what I did

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a 8" by 8" piece of foam about 3" deep. Worked it in through the slot and then cut it with an olfa knife. Used a little silicone grease in the slot to ease the shifter movement.Had it in place for a few months now . Works good.

IMG 3037

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a 8" by 8" piece of foam about 3" deep. Worked it in through the slot and then cut it with an olfa knife. Used a little silicone grease in the slot to ease the shifter movement.Had it in place for a few months now . Works good.

View attachment 23892
That's a good idea too. So what, the whole piece of foam moves with the shift lever or you cut the foam in the shift pattern?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I made a slice from the park position over to the main gate and then straight down to the bottom.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Take the shifter knob off .Move the lever to neutral position or in that area. Size up the foam and make a slice to slide the foam over the shift lever. Slice the rest after foam is in position. Well that's the way I did it anyway.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Take the shifter knob off .Move the lever to neutral position or in that area. Size up the foam and make a slice to slide the foam over the shift lever. Slice the rest after foam is in position. Well that's the way I did it anyway.
Sweet. I'll have to try that one

Beajay

Beajay

Jul 8, 2016
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like it! Gives it a clean look. Does the shifter slide along the rubber easily or does it give some resistance.
It slides easy going to get a better piece of rubber that one was pretty old and a little dry rotted but it works great

Reactions: GlockMeister
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The foam solution looks like a great idea... I'm going to do the same!

Reactions: strongbuilt
CopenHagen

CopenHagen

Aug 1, 2016
Southeastern Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do u take shifter off does it thread on tried taking it off by unscrewing and it was pretty tight afraid I would break it if it wasn't threaded

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How do u take shifter off does it thread on tried taking it off by unscrewing and it was pretty tight afraid I would break it if it wasn't threaded
It pulls off. I found that a slow steady pull worked the best.

RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4

View attachment 23892
Where did you get your foam from?

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I got my foam from some packing for a product I received. I would suggest an upholstry shop. Sorry can not be more help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!