Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So why keep the spacers without HL lift?
To equal out my tire widths front and rear with after market wheels 5+2 offsets. I can go back to the lift now if I wanted. One of my main reason for the lift was to add 28" tires. With the addition on the Superatv forward arms (sometime soon) I will not need the lift. Going wider will only help on side hills...

Reactions: Ridem32 and Eltobgi
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I love the looks of the fox shocks. But I'm not a fan of wheel spacers. JMO it makes a weak link. But sometimes they have to be used due to aftermarket upgrades. I prefer stock OEM drive train

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We will see how the do- They seem to be really solid design.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have got the 1" mounted on the rear! They do seem to be high quality!
Cool. I moved the 1" from the rear to the front then added 2" to the rear.
66.5" width Front
65.75" width Rear

Last edited:
Reactions: Eltobgi
advertisement
popeye

popeye

Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2016
kapowsin, Wa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stop lusting after my piglets!!
Just because some weirdo on a train offered you money to tape your "piglets" doesnt mean he lust for them. Lol some one has a big head.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Reactions: JTW
Chap45

Chap45

Nov 25, 2015
My first couple times talking to a few of you southern guys I had to listen very carefully but it grows quickly on ya. I love watching the videos especially from Drf where multiple people are discussing things it's cool almost like a different time in history.
I see you know much about the shocks on the Pioneer, I'm new to this and need some help. I have the 1000-5 deluxe and I recently installed the western impact utv plow. I need to get about at least another inch or two or ground clearance in the front due to the weight of the plow. Do you think the Fox qs3 Shox on the the stiffest setting would keep the front end from sagging more so than the stock shocks? What other advice might you have to keep the front end from sagging so much with the plow?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I see you know much about the shocks on the Pioneer, I'm new to this and need some help. I have the 1000-5 deluxe and I recently installed the western impact utv plow. I need to get about at least another inch or two or ground clearance in the front due to the weight of the plow. Do you think the Fox qs3 Shox on the the stiffest setting would keep the front end from sagging more so than the stock shocks? What other advice might you have to keep the front end from sagging so much with the plow?
I sure do think those will help. When my 700 went away I sold the Fox separately to a guy that plowed and he said they were great! You'll probably want to screw down the spring just a little then move to hard setting. They should give you probably 1.5 inch or so that way judging by what I've seen and what @Windrock1000 has come up with but they won't fall so much under load

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

The fox shocks can get you there with adjusting preload. The settings only adjust compression speed. You may think about a bracket lift and tires. The lift will get you there the cheapest.

Reactions: sharp
Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sway Bar test was very successful! I love the feel. Didn't get over 40 mph on the trails at Royal Blue.
IMG 2303
Handled much better on the ruts and hill climbs. With the Fox shocks, wheel spacers, and Superatv rear a-arms and no swaybar or High lifter, she felt a lot different. Found that may rear a-arms need more adjustment. Too much camber under a full load. Preloads are really close. Little soft in the rear when the shocks are at the lowest setting. She would rock a little side to side in the turns and back to front on the wups. Ran on medium firm in the rough stuff. The fronts stayed on soft all day. She had 450# in the front seat and 100# in the rear bed. Hill climbing is next level with the sway bar off! Traction is greatly improved. The only down side is she's a drivers machine setup this way. With the added body roll you need take care on the side hills.

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Update on Windrock 1000

She is back on her 28" roctanes with 1" spacers on the front to clear the fox shocks with 2" spacers in the rear to make it even with the front. Rear shocks are flipped in and the 2.5" High Lifter Bracket Lift is back on! Adjusted the camber and caster on the rear satv a-arms. Sway bar off. Adjusted preload on the shocks again. She is perfect now. Took it to Windrock Mt today for a test run loaded down. 800# of people and gear! At a moderate trail speed (20-25) she liked the medium settings on the shocks on moderate trail difficulty. Test was conducted under @CumminsPusher standards minus the 3rd role seating. Yes the lift is staying on this time! Red loctite will remind me not to take it off again! Sorry to mislead anyone in the past- preloading the shocks for lift works but I didn't like the feel. If any needs any measurement just let me know.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Update on Windrock 1000

She is back on her 28" roctanes with 1" spacers on the front to clear the fox shocks with 2" spacers in the rear to make it even with the front. Rear shocks are flipped in and the 2.5" High Lifter Bracket Lift is back on! Adjusted the camber and caster on the rear satv a-arms. Sway bar off. Adjusted preload on the shocks again. She is perfect now. Took it to Windrock Mt today for a test run loaded down. 800# of people and gear! At a moderate trail speed (20-25) she liked the medium settings on the shocks on moderate trail difficulty. Test was conducted under @CumminsPusher standards minus the 3rd role seating. Yes the lift is staying on this time! Red loctite will remind me not to take it off again! Sorry to mislead anyone in the past- preloading the shocks for lift works but I didn't like the feel. If any needs any measurement just let me know.

Good! You just saved me pulling them. If you were riding well on middle setting with that much weight that's exactly what I'm looking for!! I was sure with added weight the lift would help but I would've tried the other way too just to see.
Thank you my friend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!