P1000 Wiper for Honda factory glass

W

Wyo307

Oct 2, 2021
Wyoming
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 1000-3
Hello all this is my first post and I have tried searching for my answer to no avail. I am picking up a used p1k-3 this week that has factory Honda glass installed. Am I stuck to the Honda wiper or is there another option for a power wiper that will fit the factory glass holes? If I go with the factory Honda wiper can I cut off their plug end and wire it to a normal fuse block and rocker switch? I plan to put a dual battery kit and acc fuse block in for my accessories. Thank you all in advance.

toddvdh

toddvdh

Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2020
Green Bay, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can search for “boat windshield wipers”. There are tons of options. I’m not sure what fits on the Honda glass, but most of them are universal.

W

wvrlc

Oct 4, 2021
WV
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. Talon R LV
Great Info, I've been looking for a wiper option for a glass windshield also.

Thank you

S

Surveyor

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Auburn, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm not sure if cutting off the factory harness and wiring into a regular rocker will work well. With the Honda plug it Parks the wiper at the top no matter when you switch it off. I think a regular rocker will stop wherever it is when you flip the switch.
I have the Honda wiper. Changed the blade to one that is 2" longer.
I really wish it had a 180 degree sweep.
I know there are mods for Polaris wipers for the same issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!