P500 Wiring Help

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
Installing a five stage switch for my lights and I have it all working but I cant figure out how to get the LED lights on the switch itself to work. Any help would be great.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
What switch do you have?
Do you know what settings you bought for the switch?
Ex. Dependent top? Independent bottom?

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
I have the ones off amazon with 2 top grnds and a in power and out power and an led tab.

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
I read where you can splice it into your speedometer dash instruments but idk about that. Any other way?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It looks like of 7&8 have power and 6 has ground, they should work

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Last edited by a moderator:
SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
There should be a brown wire coming from your headlight switch you can tap into it, then the switches only light up when yo u have your lights on. That is what many people do for lighted rocker switches.

On the attached PDF the bottom left diagram for 5 pin switch matches what you have above, it should work.
Thanks I will se if I can locate it

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
According to your instructions posted.
#6 can jump to 7 then to a ground.
#8 connects to the headlight wire.
#2 is power in
#3 is power out.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
According to your instructions posted.
#6 can jump to 7 then to a ground.
#8 connects to the headlight wire.
#2 is power in
#3 is power out.

Thanks , I had that all buggerd up mine jumps 7&8 together as ground, you would think they would standardize the pin out it all comes from China LOL

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
Yes I was just unsure where to hook up the white wire for my illumination on the rocker. Didn't really want to go splicing into OME wires just yet. I guess it had to go their. Was hoping to get illumination without that. Sorry if my post doesn't make sense. I have no electrical knowledge but hey I got the Lights going.

Reactions: JACKAL
advertisement
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yes I was just unsure where to hook up the white wire for my illumination on the rocker. Didn't really want to go splicing into OME wires just yet. I guess it had to go their. Was hoping to get illumination without that. Sorry if my post doesn't make sense. I have no electrical knowledge but hey I got the Lights going.
Buy some posi locks, they work better than the other quick splice things and you are less prone to cut the wire from an improper connection.

newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar

Sorry I am too late to assist you , but for the next guy's benefit , using the honda accessory
harness precludes the need to carve on the OEM wiring . The accessory harness provides
ignition-switched power and costs next to nothing .

Reactions: Montecresto
SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
Sorry I am too late to assist you , but for the next guy's benefit , using the honda accessory
harness precludes the need to carve on the OEM wiring . The accessory harness provides
ignition-switched power and costs next to nothing .

I am using the harness but cant figure out how to get the rocker to illuminate without going to the brown wire others have mentioned. Everything else is working perfect.

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
Buy some posi locks, they work better than the other quick splice things and you are less prone to cut the wire from an improper connection.
Thanks for that info. Sounds like a much better option.

newb

newb

Oct 29, 2015
london , ar
Thanks for that info. Sounds like a much better option.

Depends on your priorities...mine is no carving on an oem harness . I simply wired the led illumination to the power in . It hardly matters
if the leds are lit sans headlight switch , but 40+ years experience in vehicular wiring tells me splices inevitably fail , and evidence of them affects resale value ...even the use of liquid vinyl will not entirely prevent corrosion at the splice .

SouthGA

SouthGA

Apr 11, 2016
Georgia
Thanks for all the quick info guys. Working the nightshift but I will post my results when I finish up my wiring tomorrow.

Reactions: Hondasxs
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks for all the quick info guys. Working the nightshift but I will post my results when I finish up my wiring tomorrow.

The + jumper from 3 to 5 powers the LED on the switch.

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Thanks @Montecresto.
But I think that is wrong according to his posted directions in post 4.

We have to remember there are all kinds of switches. Ones I used were like yours.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Depends on your priorities...mine is no carving on an oem harness . I simply wired the led illumination to the power in . It hardly matters
if the leds are lit sans headlight switch , but 40+ years experience in vehicular wiring tells me splices inevitably fail , and evidence of them affects resale value ...even the use of liquid vinyl will not entirely prevent corrosion at the splice .
Man do I agree with that. I haven't tapped into any OEM wiring nor will I. I've got a dual battery and six accessories and haven't tapped anything.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks @Montecresto.
But I think that is wrong according to his posted directions in post 4.

We have to remember there are all kinds of switches. Ones I used were like yours.
Sorry if that's the wrong diagram, you may be right but he's attempting to wire a five blade switch and it appears that he has instructions for an eight blade. Also, SouthGA's switch looks exactly as mine, front and back? The backlighting on my switches all come on with the ignition turned to on, because I used the Honda $8.95 wiring harness.

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!