Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
We absolutely love ours. It’s a joy to ride and is so comfortable. In the woods it’s effortless to get away from anything.

D

Deleted member 3748

We absolutely love ours. It’s a joy to ride and is so comfortable. In the woods it’s effortless to get away from anything.
If the x2 is everything we're reading, we'll be getting it. The wife is pushing hard for the quiet and cool cab and since she's such a trooper on these long rides I should give her a little bit of a say. :D

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If the x2 is everything we're reading, we'll be getting it. The wife is pushing hard for the quiet and cool cab and since she's such a trooper on these long rides I should give her a little bit of a say. :D
I can’t speak on the new x2 but the new x4 was ultra quiet and our R-Spec is a favorite for most of the group. If we only needed 2 seats I’d be content in the Wolverine but we use our stuff and don’t stick to dirt roads needing 60 plus mph. I think anyone that says the Wolverine isn’t fast enough needs to go buy a Jeep

D

Deleted member 3748

I can’t speak on the new x2 but the new x4 was ultra quiet and our R-Spec is a favorite for most of the group. If we only needed 2 seats I’d be content in the Wolverine but we use our stuff and don’t stick to dirt roads needing 60 plus mph. I think anyone that says the Wolverine isn’t fast enough needs to go buy a Jeep
From what I see, it's 55 mph and with a tune in the 60s. I just want to be able to keep up when we hit the open trails and 50s should do it.

Reactions: Plumber32
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The wolverine isn’t fast enough...
You don’t need to be hauling ass to tip, we know that! Anyways you’re not a parking lot racer I know that!

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
From what I see, it's 55 mph and with a tune in the 60s. I just want to be able to keep up when we hit the open trails and 50s should do it.
The old Wolverine has a soft rev limiter, it’ll run all day at 53 but can get 60 out of them easy

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice thing about the Wolverine is it will do 50 comfortably, doesn’t even seem like the engine is trying that hard. When the pioneer is maxed out it’s screaming!

And yes as @Choogsbro mentioned the 708 Rspec (2018 and earlier) comes with arched a arms, guessing the x2 does as well

D

Deleted member 3748

Nice thing about the Wolverine is it will do 50 comfortably, doesn’t even seem like the engine is trying that hard. When the pioneer is maxed out it’s screaming!

And yes as @Choogsbro mentioned the 708 Rspec (2018 and earlier) comes with arched a arms, guessing the x2 does as well
Yes. I was replying to his comment about the X2 being an X4 with the seats removed. I should have quoted just the part. The X2 RSpec has different shocks and arched a-arms.

Reactions: Tflynn
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

And skid plate and winch and roof and radiator guard and piggy backs and solid tree kickers. Not a bad deal!

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yes. I was replying to his comment about the X2 being an X4 with the seats removed. I should have quoted just the part. The X2 RSpec has different shocks and arched a-arms.
I believe you are correct on that. But as I said the x2 is not much more than the x4 with a dump bed instead of seats.

D

Deleted member 3748

I believe you are correct on that. But as I said the x2 is not much more than the x4 with a dump bed instead of seats.
It seems to be that way. I'm trying to find an X4 or X2 just so the wife can sit in it and see what she thinks of the interior... since that's what she cares about the most. I live in the boonies and it's slim pickins.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
It seems to be that way. I'm trying to find an X4 or X2 just so the wife can sit in it and see what she thinks of the interior... since that's what she cares about the most. I live in the boonies and it's slim pickins.
I’m not sure for the new x2, but for the original Rspec YXZ bucket seats bolt right in with no modifications. My wife’s all about the interior too! Guys are getting yxz seats on eBay for less than $200 and claim it’s a big comfort upgrade.

Yes I’m trying to talk you into a Wolverine Piston!!

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I’m not sure for the new x2, but for the original Rspec YXZ bucket seats bolt right in with no modifications. My wife’s all about the interior too! Guys are getting yxz seats on eBay for less than $200 and claim it’s a big comfort upgrade.

The YXZ will fit in the new x2. They say the X2 seats are a bit better than the original but still not as nice as the YXZ. If you do buy YXZ seats you do not need the frames, only the cushions. Cheaper to ship that way also.

D

Deleted member 3748

There's a very high chance we're getting the Wolverine. Can Am changed up the Mavericks (Maverick Sport now) and the price jumped. If I can find a 2018 Maverick 1000 then there would still be a chance, but that's not looking likely. I have a line on a blue X2 RSpec SE and as soon as it arrives we're going to visit it.

D

Deleted member 3748

I'm already working on my new logo. :D

PIstonYamaha

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!