Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
D

Deleted member 3748

Congrats on your new purchase. You finnaly got what you wanted. Hope you have luck with it. The color matches Mom jeans:)
Did u buy it from your brothers place down state?
Thanks! It's not the 100hp I was after, but everything else is an improvement over the Maverick. It does match Mom Jeans, which is funny because now everything we own is blue, including the boats, except for the white F150. :rolleyes: And we don't buy blue things on purpose, it just happened.

Yep. I got it through my brother.

D

Deleted member 3748

That’s not right! Lol, that’s a discrace to Mike Tyson’s Puch out lol. But you will have to change your team name on your side by side nation forum now.
Hahaha. Mike is safe here, but don't go to any Yamaha forums.

You can add multiple banners at the Nation. I'm flying Team Honda and Team Yamaha. :D

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hahaha. Mike is safe here, but don't go to any Yamaha forums.

You can add multiple banners at the Nation. I'm flying Team Honda and Team Yamaha. :D
Yeah...there not as forgiving as we are lol.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks! It's not the 100hp I was after, but everything else is an improvement over the Maverick. It does match Mom Jeans, which is funny because now everything we own is blue, including the boats, except for the white F150. :rolleyes: And we don't buy blue things on purpose, it just happened.

Well..white privilege is a Ford! Completely different animal lol:D

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Make sure you join hotrodforums.net plenty of Yamaha info there. James makes awesome Yamaha accessories. His machined sheaves are the best available. I've owned two of them. One in my rhino and one in my current original Rspec. He has two large group rides per year. One in April and one in October.

D

Deleted member 3748

Make sure you join hotrodforums.net plenty of Yamaha info there. James makes awesome Yamaha accessories. His machined sheaves are the best available. I've owned two of them. One in my rhino and one in my current original Rspec. He has two large group rides per year. One in April and one in October.
Thanks, @Choogsbro. I'll do that.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
B1D4606B 0B38 498D 8164 B00E430D46F4

Well the Wolvie hit 2000 miles this weekend. It’s been a pure joy to have owned and we won’t be getting rid of it anytime soon.
It’s been awesome to be able to trust letting someone just take off and ride it however without any fear of tearing it up too bad. Parts are cheap and easy. Belt is solid as day one which isn’t something we can say about the Polaris when it hit 2k lol.
It lost some water awhile back and overheated but turned out to be air in the line. Radiator was a brick of clay mud the culprit. Did snap a front drive shaft but couldn’t explain how rough that area got and we were jumping 2-3ft logs in tall grass and ravines trying to get back out. Serious area but it got us back.
Half shaft was pulled out so it’s only been 2wd all summer but has been staying up with the Pioneer.
Fun rig to drive in fact my wife and I take it occasionally because it’s just so comfortable, if I didn’t need much space and it was only me or me and wife i would be more then happy in this rig, it’s all a lot of people would need. Incredible machine my whole family loves it and it’s now became my daughters for the most part. I wouldn’t trust anything out there better for a kid. Period.It gets ran hard put away wet and has NEVER left someone stranded. So far so good!
531C57F0 3FCF 4585 AB85 1291C6D026BB

D

Deleted member 3748

How long have you owned it @CumminsPusher ? I just hit 600 miles. I tend to ride more in the winter, and now that I have a full cab and heater on the way, I may ride even more than usual.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How long have you owned it @CumminsPusher ? I just hit 600 miles. I tend to ride more in the winter, and now that I have a full cab and heater on the way, I may ride even more than usual.
15 months. Kinda surprised we don’t have more miles, most are fairly technical though. Our mileage drops in winter.
It’s safe to assume you’re still happy with the 850?

D

Deleted member 3748

You're getting some quality seat time! Yeah, we're still loving the 850. The longer I own it, the more things I find to love about it. They did such an awesome job designing and putting it together. I ride with all Polaris and honestly have no trouble keeping up with them until they hit 70, which is rare. But now that Weller has cracked that ECU the X2s are getting up to 68.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 91237

Well the Wolvie hit 2000 miles this weekend. It’s been a pure joy to have owned and we won’t be getting rid of it anytime soon.
It’s been awesome to be able to trust letting someone just take off and ride it however without any fear of tearing it up too bad. Parts are cheap and easy. Belt is solid as day one which isn’t something we can say about the Polaris when it hit 2k lol.
It lost some water awhile back and overheated but turned out to be air in the line. Radiator was a brick of clay mud the culprit. Did snap a front drive shaft but couldn’t explain how rough that area got and we were jumping 2-3ft logs in tall grass and ravines trying to get back out. Serious area but it got us back.
Half shaft was pulled out so it’s only been 2wd all summer but has been staying up with the Pioneer.
Fun rig to drive in fact my wife and I take it occasionally because it’s just so comfortable, if I didn’t need much space and it was only me or me and wife i would be more then happy in this rig, it’s all a lot of people would need. Incredible machine my whole family loves it and it’s now became my daughters for the most part. I wouldn’t trust anything out there better for a kid. Period.It gets ran hard put away wet and has NEVER left someone stranded. So far so good!
View attachment 91238
Well said that’s exactly how I feel about mine. Solid rig out of the box, really doesn’t need any mods! Thanks for the review update CP

K

kukini

Sep 5, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I can attest to how great a trail machine the Yamaha Wolverine R-spec is after two seasons and 6000 miles. I almost hate to sell it. But the Honda Talon really has my attention. As stated in another post, Honda would do well to have a "crossover" model similar to the Wolverine in addition to the Talon. The Pioneer is just to utilitarian for my tastes.

44611136 10218357664992443 1275984742977634304 n 44665798 10218337305763475 1847415311188361216 n 33362837 10217117265983243 7066147166804246528 n

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I can attest to how great a trail machine the Yamaha Wolverine R-spec is after two seasons and 6000 miles. I almost hate to sell it. But the Honda Talon really has my attention. As stated in another post, Honda would do well to have a "crossover" model similar to the Wolverine in addition to the Talon. The Pioneer is just to utilitarian for my tastes.

View attachment 91476 View attachment 91477 View attachment 91478
Ya we just bought the Wolverine to use till we figured out what we were going to do about our downed Pioneer at the time but after getting another Pioneer we just couldn’t sell the Wolvie. Too good of a machine.
Glad you’ve enjoyed yours you’ll really enjoy the Talon I’m sure. Totally agree though that Honda should have a cheaper mini sport model added I think it would sell.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!