Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Drop the sway bars!
I've had it off the back. Definitely more flex and different ride but then this happened.

IMG 1477
IMG 1479

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
so how is the 700 different than the x2? louder, heat, more leg room, more vibration? what else? @CumminsPusher @Plumber32 @Choogsbro

Reactions: Plumber32
D

Deleted member 3748

so how is the 700 different than the x2? louder, heat, more leg room, more vibration? what else? @CumminsPusher @Plumber32 @Choogsbro
Less power obviously. But R-Spec to R-Spec, the 700 has another inch of suspension travel. The X2 doesn't have the overheat issue, radiator mud guards come from the factory, payload and towing capacity are higher. I'll need the other guys to say if there is anything else.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No heat what so ever, yes its louder, better suspension. More leg room, wider stance.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Only going on what I've heard. Original is a more comfortable ride and more cab room. X2 is very quiet and has more power. To me I was very disappointed that they didn't put the 850 in the original R-spec. To me that would be the very best trail machine out there. Just my opinion. For the life of me I don't know why they lessened the travel.

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
The other thing that I can't understand is the speed limiter. Out of the box the original has a higher top end. If you buy either I would install a JBS sheave and slug the clutch. I've done it to my Rhino and to my Wolvy. Makes it a totally different machine. Just my opinion.

D

Deleted member 3748

In my opinion they should of just put the 850 in the existing chassis, but it's got plenty of power.
From the outside they don't even look much different, but everything is different. I would have liked them to keep the original chassis as well. It is exactly the same as the X4 so maybe they needed to make the changes for the extra 2 seats.

D

Deleted member 3748

The other thing that I can't understand is the speed limiter. Out of the box the original has a higher top end. If you buy either I would install a JBS sheave and slug the clutch. I've done it to my Rhino and to my Wolvy. Makes it a totally different machine. Just my opinion.
The Weller ECU flash does away with the limiter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!