Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got some more work done. A lot of figuring out. Had to drop the fridge down so the lower vent would be below the cab. We run with propane on and if the lower vent sat above the cab the oncoming wind would blow out the flame the electric igniter would sence this and keep trying to light. Same thing if you simply forgot to turn to electric.
Easier to reach the freezer but storage on top slightly tougher. Will be replacing some of the supports to tie other things in, just have to set things for now.
81050035 19F0 48DA 86C6 E81F98599992

Bathroom,fridge,sink,storage tanks,propane bottles,heater,instant hot water and on board batteries all figured out for placement with access to everything. Most rv’s don’t give access and it’s a pain to fix something or add something.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Got some more work done. A lot of figuring out. Had to drop the fridge down so the lower vent would be below the cab. We run with propane on and if the lower vent sat above the cab the oncoming wind would blow out the flame the electric igniter would sence this and keep trying to light. Same thing if you simply forgot to turn to electric.
Easier to reach the freezer but storage on top slightly tougher. Will be replacing some of the supports to tie other things in, just have to set things for now.
View attachment 78541
Bathroom,fridge,sink,storage tanks,propane bottles,heater,instant hot water and on board batteries all figured out for placement with access to everything. Most rv’s don’t give access and it’s a pain to fix something or add something.
EVERYTING you need!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
It’s too late to turn back now. Took me forever trying to pick out colors. Been back and forth a couple times but finally pulled the trigger and it’s already mixed up.
Going non metallic tan on the box
EE505F86 9FB5 4E97 941F 83EEC5B19A65

And a light brown metallic from Dodge.
Won’t be too far off of the combo on the pickup.
104A9204 0F32 4CE4 9802 33A649835B36

We wanted something more rich. Should be able to hide some of the Idaho dirt road usage better as well. Will be doing some accent graphics too. Paint is here so it’s time to get this thing prettied up.

Last edited:
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 78541
What about flooring? Maybe something like pergo with a light vapor/insulation barrier.. That way It not just looks better but you can cut it to fit nicely. Plus once everything else is in, it'll be more difficult to set later. Wish I were there to help.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What about flooring? Maybe something like pergo with a light vapor/insulation barrier.. That way It not just looks better but you can cut it to fit nicely. Plus once everything else is in, it'll be more difficult to set later. Wish I were there to help.
If you go with something pergo like make sure it is the pvc core stuff so you don’t have to worry about water

advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would be a nice upgrade and help keep floor warm, woohoo heated floor you have water heater

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've helped a couple of buddies install bamboo flooring' tough as nails and water doesn't affect it, better have a sharp blade on your saw, would be heavier than Pergo.

Reactions: 100Acre and BWAF
100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any kind of wood flooring unless it's super sealed will eventually rot out or hold water and moisture....

100Acre

100Acre

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've helped a couple of buddies install bamboo flooring' tough as nails and water doesn't affect it, better have a sharp glad on your saw, would be heavier than Pergo.
It doesn't last long in the dishwasher though. It will split...Lazy am I sometimes..

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It doesn't last long in the dishwasher though. It will split...Lazy am I sometimes..
We soaked a couple of pieces in water for 60 days, measured before and after, put in a vise and tried to break it with a hammer parallel to the grain, measurements were the same and we didn't break it, but no heat.

Reactions: BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Can’t wait to see this painted buddy, as always I’m amazed at your vision.
Being from the trade is sometimes a curse. All our cars are beaten up and need paint because I don’t want to do the same crap for a hobby. Been forced to do a ton of side jobs to get to this point and painting a box van isn’t normally high on my list of give a f***s but I want Ang to be proud of this. Going from the bus to a tent has been quite humbling for us.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If you go with something pergo like make sure it is the pvc core stuff so you don’t have to worry about water
That stuff works very well! The floor is really good shape considering it’s 30 years old. It’s laminated oak and cleans up ok. Down the road we will undercoat and seal it. Then use Pergo like we did in the bus. It’s held up incredible to sliding the dirt bikes through and all the work we’ve done to the bikes on the floor.
This is floor in the other rig. Still looks good.

A9DBDFBA BDA5 40D3 8865 9377ACAF4780

Last edited:
Reactions: sharp and BWAF
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Been looking forever for an awning that doesn’t show white when it’s rolled up but no luck without spending over 500$. Not happy about this when the rig will be tan but it is what it is.

Purchased the fabric that’ll go on our electric awning from the bus (yes I’m stealing that but only that) because we were out the other weekend and it sucked to share space under someone else’s. We will be cutting down the roller to use. 14” is max on the van. Bus awning is over 50% longer.
Getting close to having most everything now.
31292DDC 7F0C 4440 945B 0CAD15D98F21

Last edited:
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!