Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
What about using one of the those alum awning savers? Just paint it body colour?
That’s a great suggestion and been looking for them,if can find one used to cut down. I’d go black to match accessories.

Last edited:
Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Been looking forever for an awning that doesn’t show white when it’s rolled up but no luck without spending over 500$. Not happy about this when the rig will be tan but it is what it is.

Purchased the fabric that’ll go on our electric awning from the bus (yes I’m stealing that but only that) because we were out the other weekend and it sucked to share space under someone else’s. We will be cutting down the roller to use. 14” is max on the van. Bus awning is over 50% longer.
Getting close to having most everything now.
View attachment 78661
So can I ask why you don't use the bus anymore....did it die?

Btw I like this build. I've been trying to decide what would work best for me and this is a great option.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
So can I ask why you don't use the bus anymore....did it die?

Btw I like this build. I've been trying to decide what would work best for me and this is a great option.

The bus is road worthy and only needs a few things but it’s 40ft and can only haul bikes, so combined with trailer it’s 60ft. It’s a pita.
Box van is 18ft and hauls a Pioneer inside easily, that’s a huge difference. It maneuvers as easy as a pickup. Ang goes up often before me so she can drive the van, she hates driving the bus, even though Sammy doesn’t mind lol. We quit taking the bus as much when we switched to 4 wheels. Just downsizing so we can get out more and be more efficient doing it.
A camper is just a place to sleep and to keep your stuff ready for the next trip, it didn’t need to be a house.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The bus is road worthy and only needs a few things but it’s 40ft and can only haul bikes, so combined with trailer it’s 60ft. It’s a pita.
Box van is 18ft and hauls a Pioneer inside easily, that’s a huge difference. It maneuvers as easy as a pickup. Ang goes up often before me so she can drive the van, she hates driving the bus, even though Sammy doesn’t mind lol. We quit taking the bus as much when we switched to 4 wheels. Just downsizing so we can get out more and be more efficient doing it.
Makes sense. I've been looking for something to convert. I haven't made up my mind yet but love the box van idea.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Makes sense. I've been looking for something to convert. I haven't made up my mind yet but love the box van idea.

We’ve been wanting to do this for about 3 years and couldn’t think of anything that would work better for what we wanted. Everything else was too big or too cramped and I hate having to tow something if we just take the Honda. If I had more money I would’ve bought a newer Isuzu. Be under 5k done so I’m good with that.

Last edited:
J

JTW

Been looking forever for an awning that doesn’t show white when it’s rolled up but no luck without spending over 500$. Not happy about this when the rig will be tan but it is what it is.

Purchased the fabric that’ll go on our electric awning from the bus (yes I’m stealing that but only that) because we were out the other weekend and it sucked to share space under someone else’s. We will be cutting down the roller to use. 14” is max on the van. Bus awning is over 50% longer.
Getting close to having most everything now.
View attachment 78661
Before you go robbing parts from it.. just sell the bus.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Before you go robbing parts from it.. just sell the bus.
Not for sale! Too many memories that can’t be replaced for a dollar figure and the family helped build it. Starting next Spring it’ll go out the three big weekends in combination with the toterhome and anytime someone needs a place to crash at. As soon as we, @Tigermark ,@100Acre maybe even you gets some property in a good spot it’ll have a more permanent home.
Upkeep is nothing and snow load on the roof doesn’t matter. It’ll be perfect for such thing.

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ang won this battle! Had planned on something a little more drastic but she wanted mellow and to the point. This is her choosing so I like it because of that:)
Getting ready for a drastic change in the next week.
35D077D2 5224 4A48 AD41 FD6F107ED473

advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ang won this battle! Had planned on something a little more drastic but she wanted mellow and to the point. This is her choosing so I like it because of that:)
View attachment 78675
Need Honda at top and Sam on dirt bike see new pick 7ef1a2cc2573905a1597a7618ff5acf6

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Need Honda at top and Sam on dirt bike see new pick View attachment 78676

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Funny you say that...I gave dimensions and location for the Pioneer in the decal and just asked Walter from CreativeUtvGraphics what he can do!
f***ed up minds think alike!
7DFF5E07 8DEF 4457 B4C1 58E389DDBDB9

Last edited:
J

JTW

Not for sale! Too many memories that can’t be replaced for a dollar figure and the family helped build it. Starting next Spring it’ll go out the three big weekends in combination with the toterhome and anytime someone needs a place to crash at. As soon as we, @Tigermark ,@100Acre maybe even you gets some property in a good spot it’ll have a more permanent home.
Upkeep is nothing and snow load on the roof doesn’t matter. It’ll be perfect for such thing.
Then don’t take the awning off of it! You’re gunna end up robbing parts and then have a heap of junk that you can’t sell and don’t use.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That's a heck of a deal for $50
View attachment 78675

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Then don’t take the awning off of it! You’re gunna end up robbing parts and then have a heap of junk that you can’t sell and don’t use.
We need an awning right now and i don’t care if the bus gets manual but we will use the van constantly so it needs electric. Used manual units show up all the time in Craigslist but never electric so to replace this will be cheap later. I don’t have a grand to buy new this year but can come up with a couple hundred next year. My priority is to get this done and finish this year off strong and not in debt.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I hate to correct you @CumminsPusher but the word is...……..

SMARTSIZING!!!!!
Yep. We go camping to ride and enjoy the outdoors not sitting in big ass bus. Even if it’s raining we’re outside because that’s just part of it. Even my wife doesn’t let the weather reports dictate her. But the cost and difficulty of going out so much especially with Sxs’s has changed us so we’re changing with it.
Just sick of tents. Waking up on the floor with deflated bed, not having tools or parts,forgetting crap,overloading truck and trailers,getting everything unloaded after every weekend, and packing light because of no room. Trying to find the happy medium where we can continue doing what we love and gave up normal things to get.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!