Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've ordered both parts and found that the rubber is on backorder/not available. I called a couple places there's nothing nationwide. Is there a fix to this rubber part or can you do without it? Does anybody have any insight

Reactions: bradleystang68
elkaholic

elkaholic

Illegitimi non carborundum
Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I have the rubber piece but have not installed it yet as the clips to hold it to the plastic piece were not available. I think the rubber piece is of marginal benefit as it only attaches to the plastic top piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have the rubber piece but have not installed it yet as the clips to hold it to the plastic piece were not available. I think the rubber piece is of marginal benefit as it only attaches to the plastic top piece

So you think it's just kind of there and really serves no purpose? Maybe that's why they've taken it off and made it not available?

elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I'll post a pic tonight. It does potentially block off more air but uses control cables as the lower mounting point.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I'll post a pic tonight. It does potentially block off more air but uses control cables as the lower mounting point.

Thanks I'll be looking out for thanks I'll be looking for the pic. As long as it doesn't really serve much purpose for the eat or anything else that I see I won't worry about it. May make sense then why it's not available. crappy part is, when you talk to anybody and Honda parts they can't give you an answer whether they ran out or just stop making it. Sounds typical right LOL

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it would be pretty easy to replicate this part with some 1/8" rubber. Basically it's the bottom profile of the plastic deflector and 2 cut outs for cables. I think it would be beneficial to have in place to continue the deflection of air towards the differential

IMG 20170725 172241120

IMG 20170725 155719920

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
My order from Pro Caliber is slated to show up Friday according UPS's tracking number and it includes the deflector, flap, and clips they never mentioned any parts being back ordered so we will see.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
My order from Pro Caliber is slated to show up Friday according UPS's tracking number and it includes the deflector, flap, and clips they never mentioned any parts being back ordered so we will see.
Did u order it today?
I did and it took it but a 1/2 hr later got the email saying out of stock/ not available that's when I started looking around. Most showed it but when I called to confirm they had it they gave me the same answer.

GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
Did u order it today?
I did and it took it but a 1/2 hr later got the email saying out of stock/ not available that's when I started looking around. Most showed it but when I called to confirm they had it they gave me the same answer.
No, last Tuesday.

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is the deflector in the photo off a 2017?

Are the holes for the pushpins missing in MY2016?

Is drilling those holes what is a bugger about installing the MY2017 air dam in a MY2016?

I wonder if the BIG FIX Honda has in mind will include this air dam...If so, I'm gonna let those idiots install it...

Reactions: AZhunter and JTW
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV

Is drilling those holes what is a bugger about installing the MY2017 air dam in a MY2016?

I wonder if the BIG FIX Honda has in mind will include this air dam...If so, I'm gonna let those idiots install it...
I would guess it is a piece of it, The deflector looks like it will help protect the 2017 air intake from water.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3

The 2016s don't have the holes pre drilled. That's the biggest problem. Getting access to that area is tough.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
The 2016s don't have the holes pre drilled. That's the biggest problem. Getting access to that area is tough.
Looks like some do and some don't. Not sure about mine though? If not, a little liquid encouragement will help get er done!

Reactions: ToddACimer
elkaholic

elkaholic

Vendor
Lifetime Member
May 14, 2017
Ridgeway, SC
Ownership

1. Other Brand
@Remington is right. My 2016 did have the holes. If you will reach up under the front fenders and run your hand along the cross brace between the top front shock mounts, the holes will be along the front if they are there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Remington
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks like some do and some don't. Not sure about mine though? If not, a little liquid encouragement will help get er done!

I had a few after I finished. The headlight screws are a pain to get to and of course there's no clearance to actually drill the holes. Either way less than a few hours and dirt cheap. Well worth it in the end

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checked and mine has the holes punched. Good for me if I decide to install the deflector, but it begs the question...Why did Honda punch three holes in that shock channel unless they KNEW there was an issue, and KNEW they were going to have to install a device to counter a perceived problem...

These big companies are not in the habit of punching holes or doing ANYTHING to a vehicle that is absolutely not needed.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think the big H knew all about these issues and figured they could make it slide. They just never figured there would be the backlash that flared up

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just checked and mine has the holes punched. Good for me if I decide to install the deflector, but it begs the question...Why did Honda punch three holes in that shock channel unless they KNEW there was an issue, and KNEW they were going to have to install a device to counter a perceived problem...

These big companies are not in the habit of punching holes or doing ANYTHING to a vehicle that is absolutely not needed.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I think the big H knew all about these issues and figured they could make it slide. They just never figured there would be the backlash that flared up

I whole heartedly disagree. In the ideal world, a running change in a manufacturing process is cut in on a single vehicle but in reality some changes are easier to make than others. Most likely Honda had the design improvement on paper in early 2016, this allowed them to add the frame changes fairly early but the additional parts were probably not available. This caused the frames to be built with the holes but lack of deflector parts prevented them from being installed. Sounds like some people are going to luck out and this will be an easy improvement.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

What year is your rig?

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

My dash had the dimples for the under dash storage. Takes time to line up all the vendors that makes some of the parts and pre-planning for upgrades options.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3

No disrespect but you are not a solution but you are a problem. Your comment doesn't help anyone and takes away from the fact that this may help improve many machines

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!